Monday, December 20, 2010

Snow Forts and New Toys!

Happy Monday!  Just 5 more sleeps until Christmas!  Yippee!   I don't know who is more excited - me or the girls!  I tried to do my wrapping last night but Alicia had a bad dream so I had to abort and snuggle her for 45 minutes until she fell back asleep.  By that time it was midnight and I was "done".  Just a few more to wrap and I'm ready to roll.
Craig is off work this week and is really getting into "relaxation mode".  He has been spending a TON of time playing with the girls wich just makes my heart smile :)  On Saturday he made them a WICKED snow fort and they have all been spending LOTS of time outside, despite the frigid temperatures.  Yesterday Rebecca spend some time making the fort a little more "girlie" by adding colored water to the structure.  Today they might add some Christmas lights.  Man - I wish I had a fort like this when I was a kid!  I remember making one with my brother YEARS ago but it sure pales in comparison!  Lookie:


(No - that isn't dog pee on the door - its the colored water Rebecca sprayed :)

Now - while the kids have been playing outside I've been playing inside.  I needed to make a birthday card for my dear friend in Calgary whose birthday is Dec 25th.  I was THRILLED to be making a card OTHER than a Christmas card.  Gotta say, I'm more than a little sick of those *lol*.  I got my 5 new stamp sets from the upcoming Mini Catalogue and Sale-a-brations catalogue and this is what I came up with:
A little crazy bright but it was fun using colors other than red and green :)  The design on the top and bottom of the card are using thin ribbon from the upcoming SAB catalogue.  You can get this ribbon (and matching flow buttons) for FREE when you order $60 from Jan 25 - March 31.
I'm off for brunch with my "oldest" friend Lisa (belated birthday lunch) and a little shopping.  Have a fun day :)
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment