Monday, June 20, 2011

Bonjour!

Yes, I seem to be in French mode lately :)  I suppose that's what can happen when you order 40 FRENCH catalogues instead of English ;)

Here is a birthday invitation I made for a friend of mine.  Her daughter's birthday is coming up and they are going to the new Salina Gomez Movie Monte Carlo.  She requested a French / Paris theme.  So ... after calling around I got my hands on the Artistic Etchings stamp set (thanks Tammie!) and within an hour had this to show for my efforts:
I got the inspiration from the Stampin' Connection website (for SU demonstrators) from fellow demonstrator Ruby Johnson.  I used the retired French Script background stamp (very similar to the current En Francais stamp) and embossed it in black.  I used the Eyelet Border punch on the side.  The "Amour" and Tower are also embossed.  The "You're invited is from the retired Hugs & Wishes set - punched out with the Modern Label Punch.  I layered it with black using the Movers & Shapers die.  The Amour and You're Invited are popped up using dimensionals.  I think that's about it!  I printed the party deets on the back in red and stamped the key and crown on the corners to jazz it up a bit.

That's it for today ... on to my next project ...

Have a fun night :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment