Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Easy Christmas

Yawn .... happy Wednesday :o

Struggling a bit today - thank you my children for reminding me how much "fun" it is to be woken in the middle of the night and spend a few hours in the bricks we call your beds!  Wow.  I seriously think the floor is softer!  Well, on the bright side being exhausted gives me an excuse to have a "home day" and do nothing more stressful than craft - yippee!!

Right.  I promised you another card so here we go!  In my continuing efforts to use stamp sets I BUY I pulled out my "Easy Events" set.  In THEORY I love these kinds of sets.  This one is very similar to the now retired Pun Fun.  In PRACTICE, however, I struggle to use the sets with these smaller images.  I love coloring them but I have trouble filling all the blank space on the page.  I tried to make a Christmas card using the Christmas Stamp.  The result was so horrific I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture of it.  The next day I went down and tried again.  This time I LOVE the result.  I'm thinkin' this will we a card I use for fall parties and maybe even my Stamp-a-stack.  Here it is:
Cute, yes?  I changed it a little since I took the picture.  I added some glitter to the berries using a new product (in the holiday mini) called Dazzling Details.  Let's just call it what it is ... Glitter Glue!  Love it ... am ordering more of it today :)  Soooo - I used the Easy Events stamp set - I used Always Artichoke ink, cs, marker and seam binding (LOVE the seam binding!!!) along with Ridinghood Red cs and marker.  I used the Perfect Polka Dot emboss folder for texture and ... you know what's coming, don't you? ..... Wa-low!  A quick, easy, cute card.  Yay me!  The really great thing about this card is that I now have a layout that will work with any of the other stamps in this set.  I love it when a plan comes together *lol*

OK - now ... I have one more card that I made the other day.  I am absolutely, positively in LOVE with this card!!!  IT sits beside my computer and I just keep staring at it.  (I know ... I need help ...)  It is simply perfect and makes me smile.  It is SO perfect that I don't think I can share it with you ... not yet, anyway.  I think I have to enter it into the SU contest and try to win 3 free stamp sets.  Yes, it's just that lovely :)  (a little full of myself this morning, no?)

Have no fear, though - The Stampin' Man is coming today with my August orders.  That means I need to whip up 15 little "treats" for my club members and customers so hopefully I'll something lovely to show off tomorrow.  Come back soon and see what I come up with :)

Have a fun day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment