Monday, August 15, 2011

Leaves of a Tree

Well wha'd'ya know?  I actually made a card!!!!  Wow.  It felt great! .... for the 5 minutes it took to whip this little baby up!  I needed a very quick, very simple card to have as a Make-and-Take at the Bon Accord Harvest Day Festival I was at this weekend.  VERY luckily Ralph, aka "The Stampin' Man", aka my UPS delivery man arrived with my shipment of new products from the upcoming Holiday Mini Friday afternoon (yes, I had to leave at 7:30 am Saturday for the show ... nothing like leaving things to the last minute Tamara!!!)  I whipped out this adorable little single stamp "Leaves of a Tree" and just KNEW that it HAD to be stamped on Very Vanilla paper.  So I did.  (I used Soft Suede ink).  Then I just KNEW some of the leaves had to be Pumkin Pie, Old Olive and So Saffron ... so I colored them.  Then I just KNEW it needed to be matted with Pumkin Pie cs and stamped with an Old Olive sentiment.  I used a sentiment from the new "Pursuit of Happiness" set.  Then I sat there.  And sat there.  And sat there.  It needed something ... but I had to keep it quick and simple (and cheap!).  I sat there some more.  Then I called my friend Roxanne to chat for a while.  Then I sat there.  I really wanted to use the Big Shot for the trade fair ... then it hit me.  Run it through one of the embossing folders.  For some reason the new "Houndstooth" just seemed to say "Fall" to me so in it went.  Wa-low!  Love it!  A quick, easy, WOW card.  This will be one that I use for my fall parties.
Now ... I received a whole BOX of new stamp sets, punches, glitter glue, jingle bells and paper ... let's just hope I get into that craft room in the next week to actually USE it!!!!

Have a fun day - sorry it took so long for me to post an actual CARD!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment