Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Treats!

Happy Thursday!

Yep - Thursday - gotta loooove Thursday.  It's a half day for the kids so I don't have to make them a lunch (we always head to McDonald's and then run a few errands and/or go to Grandma's house for a playdate) and there is just enough time in the mornings for me to get a few things done before I have to set off to pick them off.  Today we are off to the other side of the world for a dentist appointment and then Sparks tonight so there is not pressure (or time!) to get any "real" house work done.  Oh darn ... THAT breaks my heart!  *lol*  (yes .... I'm on my second cup of coffee and feeling FINE this morning!)

Right!  On to Halloween.  Once again I STARTED my Halloween Treats for the kids' friends back in September but once again I FINISHED them this week (actually I'm usually finishing them the night before like 99% of the other Moms out there!)  Well I'm happy to say they are done and ready to go.  Here they are:


Fun!  They were a bit time consuming to make but easy.  The stuffing of the candy corn took the longest.  I hand colored each of the witch's stockings with the "drirect to stamp" method, using the markers.  It wasn't that bad, really - I did it while listening to a webinar to pass the time.  I used the 1 3/4" circle punch and the 2 3/8" scallop punch.  It took 2+ pieces of 12x12 card stock in both the orange and the white so they weren't the cheapest treats to make either but they were something a little different.

Now the NEXT project had me just giddy with excitement while I made them :)  (yes, I could probably use a little therapy sometimes ... or less caffeine!)  I cased them directly from the FABULOUS Tamye Dunbar.  They were quick, easy, fun and ADORABLE!!!  Lookie:
They are so stinkin' cute I can't STAND it!  And LOOK!  They have chocolates wrapped with the labels - AGAIN!  Well, it just doesn't GET any better than this, does it?!?!?  Of course I have already made a Christmas version of these ... I just can't get enough of them!    I used the Top Note die then embossed it with the Spider Web emboss folder.  I used a piece of 3/4" x 8 1/2" strip of Pimpkin Pie cs for the belly band, the Batty For You stamp set (this set is the one set I have used the most in the 6 years I have been stamping!!  No joke!!)  I punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle and used the scallop circle in So Saffron.  There are 3 Swiss Delice chocolates inside, wrapped with the Its a Wrap Holidays label.  Yes, Halloween is in 4 days and it's the perfect excuse to make little treats for everyone you know.  Try these ones out - you'll be glad you did!

Have a fun day everyone :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment