Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's a Hat Trick!

Heidi Ho Stampers!  Happy Wednesday!  I'm happy to report that I am officially ahead of schedule today and might even get some couch time in once I pick up the kids.  Woo Hoo!  Soooo - as it appear I have 15 minutes to kill I'm going to do a Triple Post today.  Yep - crazy but true :)

Quick recap of the last week ... it has taken me until today to come up for air from last weekend's festivities!  Friday's Technique Class was AWESOME fun!!!  I had the best turn out EVER and although we were practically sitting on top of each other it was a great atmosphere and I had a ball!  I managed to get the left-over cards made and cleaned up just in time for Sunday's Christmas Stamp-a-Stack.  Again, I had a great time - this event is always my favorite.  We had 12 stampers in the morning class and 4 in the afternoon.  Craig took the girls out for the day so I actually had time to finish off the extra cards that I had cut for and now my Teacher Gifts are ready to package and give away.  Who rocks?!?

Monday I was out of commission for the majority of the day waiting for an apointment I had at 10:30 am.  I didn't actually GET the appointment until after 12:30 (grrrr) and by the time I stopped for some groceries and picked up the kids the day was a write off.  Yesterday I spent ALL day catching up on the paperwork created my the weekend and working on a fundraising proposal for a dance group.  Today I finished the proposal, sent it and then headed to my craft room to work on my projects for Friday's party.  Yep - when I'm on fire I'm on fire (I figure I should crash and burn sometime mid next week at this pace!)

Right - well, now that you are all caught up on the ever-so-enthralling goings on in my life, onto my projects ...

First up is the last card from my Stamp-a-Stack that I promised you last week - I LOVE this card ... and so do many of my customers :)
Isn't it pretty?  The colors are Cherry Cobbler and Sahara Sand.  The stamp set is Sounding Joy from the Holiday Mini.  I used the Tulip Frame emboss folder, a pearl and the cherry cobbler seam binding to add those small touches that make it so pretty and elegant.  LOVE it!!

Next up is the Halloween card we made at my class on Friday.

This card was "C.A.S.E.D" (copy and share everything) from the Regional Swap I got from Tamera Gadd a few weeks back:

I used the exact same lay out but with different DSP, stamp set and ribbon.  I used the Wicked Cool set, the Frightful Sight DSP and Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon.  I used the Peek-a-boo Frames Big Shot die that is in the Holiday Mini to make the little door / frame.  Something tells me I'll be doing a Christmas version of this card too - I love it!

OK - now I'm rushed for time ... onto the next project:
For this I used the Frightful Sight DSP again and the Wicked Cool Set.  I stamped the images and sentiment in Versamark and used black embossing powder for texture.  I used the large oval and the scalloped oval punches for the sentiment and the 1 3/4" Circle punch for the images.  Quick, easy and fun!

Right - gotta fly.  Hope you enjoyed the Hat Trick of projects today and that they were worth the wait!  Have a fun day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment