Thursday, December 1, 2011

Santa Note Books

Happy Thursday!  BOY am I ready for the weekend - but I still have a mountain of paperwork to complete from last weekend's AWESOME stamping events!  I'm pooped but I HAVE had fun this week - I volunteered at the school a few days, did some stamping, put together some To-Go kits, disinfected the entire house (following that NASTY flu bug that hit the family!!), made some deliveries, and STILL managed to do the every-day chores and play a few rounds of "Don't Make Me Laugh Jr." with the small ones.  It's a good tired ... but  a tired all the same!

I DID find about 1 1/2 hours last week to put together these GREAT little prezzies for my club girls.  I can't take ANY credit for them whatsoever - they are 100% copied from fellow stamper Vicki Burdick (and many others on Stampin' Connection!).  Soooo fun to make:
"Where did you get those note pads?!" I hear you cry!  Well ... they are just legal pads cut (at the printing / cutting place I use ... Priority Printing in the West End) into 2 1/2" mini pads.  What are the measurements?  The real red is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (the standard card dimensions!) and then you score (using the FABULOUS new Simply Scored tool!!) at 2 1/2 + 2 ticks and 3" minus 2 ticks :)  The Silver Glimmer piece is 1" x 5 1/2" - the belt is 2 1/2" + 2 ticks x 1 3/8".  The buckle:  Black Square - 2" x 2" - Silver Square - 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" - Black square in centre - 1 3/8" Square punch.  The buttons are the 1" circle punch.  I snailed the pads to the real red inside and stamped "Wish Big" on the inside with the Word Play set in real red ink.  I cracked off 24 of them in 1 1/2 hours.  That's MY kind of mass production!!  I think next time, though, I will use mini glue dots to attach the buttons - the snail just doesn't stick to the glimmer paper ...

Right - that's it for now - bed time for The Momma ... I keep waking up at 4:30 am ... makes for a loooooooooong day.  Oh ... and tomorrow I have to go for a biopsy on my breast.  I'm not at ALL worried about the results - all my doctors and I are 99.9% sure "it's nothing" but as my most recent doctor said "what if we're wrong?" so I'm gunna go get it checked out.  Ugh.  I'm being a big baby about it.  They say it really isn't a big deal and that I can drive myself to and from the appointment but I just KNOW it's gunna hurt!!  Just one of those feelings!  Wish me luck - I'll try to wear my Big Girl Panties but ...


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment