Thursday, February 23, 2012

Crazy for Balloons!

HAPPY THURSDAY!  Woo Hoo!  The week is almost over! ... mind you that usually means more work for me since I hold my parties on the weekends ... but then again ... my "work" is really just a bunch of PLAY, isn't it?!

So ... I have a party on Friday at the lovely Casey's house (hi Casey!)  I had my cards all planned out - we would be making the birthday present card, the Elementary Elegance card and the purple Doily card.  No problemo.  All I had to do today was cut the templates and start packing my supplies.  But then .... I got a Facebook message from the lovely Wanda saying that her and the lovely Rae Ann would be attending the party.  WELL!  As thrilled as I am to have such a great group of lovelies to stamp with on a Friday night it threw my plans out the window.  Wanda and Rae Ann have already MADE two of the three cards!  We CAN'T have THAT now can we??!!  I mean yes, the cards ARE fabulous but really ... we want new ... we want different ... we want ... BALLOONS!  Well - down to the craft room I toddled (ok - tiptoed so as not to wake the furry beast!).  10 minutes later ... WA-LOW!
I can't take total credit for it ... I got the inspiration from a card by Shoni Matney.  She had a similar layout and used the same balloons and sentiment - I changed a few details and there you have it!  A new card to keep everyone happy :)
I used the balloons from Crazy for Cupcakes (another "keeper" stamp set we should all have!) and the sentiment from the SAB Outlined Occasions.  The paper is from the Simply Scrappin' Kit that is in the mini - isn't it pretty?!  I punched the balloons out with my 1" circle punch and popped them up on a dimensional (Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz.  I used the pleated satin ribbon (I know I've said it before but I'll say it again - THIS RIBBON ROCKS!!!) and popped the sentiment up on dimensionals too (you pretty much have to because the ribbon is so thick - actually I used the edges of the dimensionals .. you know ... the part you usually throw away!)

So that's it - now it's 4:05 pm ... I have to go make dinner .. then go to Sparks .. then put the kids to bed ... THEN start cutting and packing for the party.  Ahhh - a mother's work is never done :)

Hope you have a fun night - get some stamping in!!  Go on!  GO!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment