Thursday, February 16, 2012

Party Hats ... the sequel ...

Happy Thursday!

Another relaxing day around here.  Wow!  I just realized I had NOTHING on my calendar all week!!  What a nice change THAT has been!  Today I didn't manage too much ... just squeezed my excercising in before I had to pick up the girls (today was a half day).  Last night I managed a little more crafting, however.  I had to revisit those darned party hats.  I showed the card I posted yesterday to Rebecca (my 8 year old) and asked her what it looked like ... she said "trees".  Hmmm - not the look I was going for!  So I asked her why they looked like trees and not party hats.  Apparently the "squiggles" along the edges made them look like trees.  If they were gone they would be hats, she told me.  OK.  Who am I to argue with an 8-year-old-expert on party hats?  You know what???  She was RIGHT!  Lookie:
This time I used the smaller punched image from the Pennant Punch .. still used the Itty Bitty Punch Pack for the pom poms and used the Happiest Birthday Wishes Hostess set for the sentiment.  I still ised the Everyday Enchantmenet DSP, Lucky Limeade and Poppy Parade paper and ink but they do indeed look more like party hats.  Next time I'll ask her FIRST!

I was on a roll so I kept going ...
I saw a card similar to this next one on Facebook a few weeks ago.  One demonstrator (I can't find her name now!) was holding a card that caught my eye - I zoomed in on it and HAD to copy it.  ... of course that meant I first had to buy the Doily stamp that I always wondered "why would anybody buy that stamp?"  Now I know:
Isn't it great?  The Doily is stamped in Sahara Sand (the accent card stock is Sahara as well).  The "Thanks" is from the Thank You Kindly Stamp Set (a MUST have set!) and the flower is from the SAB Fresh Vintage set - they are stamped in Soft Suede.  I added some brads and some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (I can't believe you can see it in the picture!).  So simple but nice!  This one makes it into my upcoming Stamp-a-stack.

I changed the colors to make the card a little more appearling to the 8 - 14 year old girls who will be stamping at my upcoming fundraiser.  I'm thinking they'll like purple better than brown *lol*:
I used the "BFF" stamp set and changed the colors to Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush ... took away the spritz and added some Rhinestones.  Wa-low!  A pretty card that works with almost any sentiment!

I think that's it for today.  I'm excited to play again tomorrow while the girls are at school.  I finally have an idea for my friends' birthday invitations she asked me to make.  I've been thinking about it for weeks but kept coming up with a big blank.  Now I think I've got an idea that will work just perfectly!!  I'll share when I have it made.

Have a fun night :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment