Thursday, June 21, 2012

The 5 Hour Card

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen ... after 5 hours of blood, sweat and tears I bring you .... The 5 Hour Card. 

I just couldn't let it go ... so I invested another 1.5 hours into this card ... I was DETERMINED to make one I liked with the Button Buddy cherries and the sentiments from A Cherry on Top.  So - without further adeau (and because I have now pretty much lost the will to live, let alone ever craft again!!!) ..... The 5 Hour Card ....
Sooo - what d'ya think?  Where did I get the idea from?  This time I cased myself!  This is the layout I cased:
I liked the simplicity of it and figured if it wrked once, why not again!  Naturally I spent 1 1/2 hours fiddling with different designer papers before I settled on the new Fancy Fan embossing folder.  It kind of looks like a woven basket to me.  So (now I have to hurry along as it's past the girls' bed time!!)  I used my Circles #2 Big Shot die to cut a 2" circle in Whisper white and then I stamped the image on the circle (Gumball Green, Early Espresso and Real Red markers).  I layered it with the 2 1/2" circle punch in Espresso.  I stamped the sentiment (A Cherry on Top hostess set) in Espresso.  Matted teh fancy fan piece on Real Red and tied some Gumball Green ribbon around it.  Yep - the 5 minute card that took me 5 hours *lol*.  I've siad it before, I'll say it again ... it's hard being me!

Have a stampy night ....


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment