Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Stampy Thursday!

Hope you're having a more productive day than I am.  Gotta admit - today I'm just a waster of make-up!  I've definately hit the wall for this school year - Mama needs a vacation!!!  So ... in order to procrastinate on attempting that 5th card just a LITTLE longer I'm going to post my other 3 cards ... so here we go ...

First up is a sweet little card that can be used for many different occasions - Thank You, Birthday, Just a Note ...
It's similar to the little 3x3 cards I made a while back.  I used the Oval Designer Fram Folder to get the oval frame and then used my markers (Real Red, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry,Old Olive) to color the stamp (from Bright Blossoms).  I used Tangerine Tango ink for the sentiment (from Curly Cute) - Island Indigo card stock with the Summer Smooches DSP and Daffodil Delight seam binding.  Very quick and very easy.  It is card ##3 for Sunday's Stamp-a-Stack.

Next up is a sweet one that I will use for a few occasions - promarily Sympathy and Thinking of you but it certainly could also be a birthday, thank you or just because card:
I again used the new Flowering Flourishes stamp set for the swirl.  I used it with Versamark and clear emboss powder and then used sponges to add some color.  I actually only used my Crumb Cake ink but later realized I had some So Saffron on the sponge - hence the yellowish, aged tinge around the butterfly.  I like it!  Nice mistake!  The sentiments is from Thoughts and Prayers punched out with the Decorative Label punch and popped up with dimensionals.  Some Crumb cake seam binding adds some interest.  The butterfly is from the new Papillon Potpourri set (in crumb cake) and punched out with the new butterfly punch.  3 pearls are used for the body and 1 wing is popped up with a dimensional.  I used my finger dauber in Crumb Cake for extra shading around the layer of Whisper White cs.

Right.  Lastly.  My least favorite.  I don't know what it is about this one ... it just isn't sitting right with me.  I'm not rolling over yet, though.  The SAS isn't until Sunday *lol*.  Ready?  OK ... here it is:

Not much to say.  I used the Button Buddies cherries (you can't see that the cherries are punched out with my 3/4" circle punch and popped up but they are) and punched it out with my 2 1/2" circle punch.  I layered that with my 3" Bigz die circle in Early Espresso.  I sued the leaf from Betsy's Blossoms in Gumball Green and the Gumball Green Satin ribbon.  The sentiment is from A Cherry On Top hostess set in REal Red with the corners rounded and popped up on dimensionals.  This one MAY make it to the SAS but something tells me I'll pull something out of the fire at the last minute and this one will get ditched.  (I'm going to post this on the SU website ... I'll see from the number of "hits" I get on it whether or not it's a keeper ....)

OK .... think I'll go flip through a magazine for the 10 minutes of peace I have left until the girls come home from their playdate ... ahhhh ... silence is golden, isn't it??

Have stampy evening!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment