Saturday, August 11, 2012

Core'dinations Card Stock

Happy Saturday!!  Anything fun planned for today?  I think we are heading to the Bon Accord Fair today.  Bon Accord is a small town about half an hour down the hiway - they have a lovely little fair every year.  Last year my dad and I had a booth each - me for my papercrafting and dad for his carvings and walking sticks.  While I had a GREAT time I opted out this year so I could take the girls and enjoy the fair!  Last year Craig brought them but it was late in the day and very hot.  I promised I would take them this year so they could take part in the games and enjoy it when it wasn't too hot.  That's the plan, anyway.  Considering Craig and Alicia are still sleeping I don't think we'll make the parade that starts in 45 minutes *lol*.

So!  A new card to share today.  I LOVE this card!  I literally put this one together in about 6 minutes - it just made itself!  I was cracking off projects last Thursday for my Appreciation Night / Open House and needed projects showing off the new products in the Holiday Mini.  I needed a card using the new Core-dinations card stock (page 6 of the mini).  Now this card stock was one of the items I didn't originally buy.  What they heck did I need card stock for?  From what I could tell it was just thicker than our usual card stock.  And a new sander ... why?  I have sanding blocks ... and what;s with the Dust Buddy?  Didn't need it - didn't buy it.  ..... then I went to convention.  I wasn't home 2 hours before I placed an order for all 3 items ... and the new heat tool ... and the tags ... and about $100 worth of other stuff ... sigh ... the addiction continues *lol*  ANYWAY!  HAD to have this card stock - it ROCKS!  Check out this card:
Just LOOK at that wood grain piece!  Isn't it fabulous?!  This card stock is like magic - it is quite thick and the top layer of color is darker than the inside layer of color.  When you tear it ... or sand it ... the second layer of color is exposed.  I love using the wood grain embossing folder on it because it give a great, deep impression on the very thick paper.  You lightly sand it with the new sander (which is "real" sandpaper unlike our current sanding blocks) and you just can't help but touch it!  Of course you then use the tacky Dust Buddy to pick up all the sanded shavings from your work ares.  Yes .. you DO need this card stock, sander and dust buddy.  They are GREAT products!!

Once I had the wood grain piece I of course needed some sort of woodsy image.  I grabbed my brand new "Gently Falling" set (I had been eyeing this bad boy for about a year but wasn't sure how much I'd use it ... I picked it for free with some of the free sets I got for achieving over $20,000 in sales last year)  Now I KNOW I'll use this set a lot thanks to the new card stock!!  I stamped the leaf in So Saffron and then outlined it with Cajun Craze.  The sentiment is from Made for You (seriously, why haven't you bought that little set yet??) in Old Olive - matted it with CC card stock and finished it off with Old Olive Scallop Dots Ribbon.  Wa-low!  a 6 minute, clean and simple card.  Love it!

Next up is a winter birthday card ... check back soon for that one (and I'm happy to say the next 3 cards I made are quick, clean and SIMPLE!!  I'm on a roll, Baby!!)

What ever you get up to today ... have a stampy day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment