Thursday, August 16, 2012

Merry Mini Christmas

Happy Thursday!!!

What a BEEEEEEautiful day!  I spent a few hours at the park with the girls - they worked on a Nature Scavenger Hunt we made up while I wrote my 24 Thank You notes for all the fabulous friends and family who donated money to send Casey home.

I'm now counting down the seconds until bedtime ... a little underslept today after staying up too late last night (Mom and I went to see Jersey Boys - FANTASTIC show!!!) but thought I'd post my latest favorite card :)))

Ready?  (I'm not use to such a short intro ... I feel I should ramble on for at least another 2 paragraphs *lol*).  Nah ... here it is:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!!  It's just so darned cute!!!  I have a layer of white on a white base (you can kind of see it if you look hard enough).  I stamped the greeting from Greetings of the Season in Early Espresso.  Then I used the Merry Mini Punch Pack punches to punch the tree (Gumball Green) the star (Daffodil Delight) and the ornament (Cherry Cobbler).  I wrapped some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine around the first layer and Wa-low!  For a little extra glitz you could certainly add a little rhinestone to the top of the tree.  I tried it but preferred the clean look without it (plus I knew if I started with blinging up the tree I would want to do the same to the star and ornament and then I'd be knee deep in a complicated card so I stopped!)

Wanna see my other favorite?  Well, OK, since you normally have to wade through looooooooooooong posts to get to a picture.  This my other newest favorite:
I love this card too!  It's funny .... this card started OUT to be virtually identical to my Scentsational Gingerbread card ... you can see the layout is the same.  As I played around it came out completely different ... but I love it just as much!  Again, I used a lyer of white on a white base (seems to be my new favorite thanks to Mary Brown aka Stamper Camper ... I love her clean, easy style and I guess I'm trying to be like her :)  I used Cherry Cobbler CS and ink for the Noel (Greetings of the Season).  The ornaments are punched out with the Merry Mini Punch again and attached with glue dots.  The image in the top left hand corner is from Watercolor Winter.  I stamped it in Versamark and embossed it with Irridescent Ice ... I think I've only used that stuff once in 7 years ... THAT'S gunna change!  LOVE it!  Along the bottom of the card I used the Delicte Designs folder for some added texture.  And that was it!  Easy Peasy!

So there you have it - a whole swack of quick and easy cards over the last week.  Wonder what I'm gunna pull out of my hat next?  We have a beautiful weekend ahead - that either means I won't be getting any crafting done ... or I'll be hiding in the basement to beat the heat and get a LOT of crafting done.  Pop back soon to see which it turns out to be!  In the meantime - have a stampy night!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment