Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Season of Sweets Halloween Treats

Ack!  Happy Tuesday!  ... yes, I realize this is a day late.  My bad.  I had every intention of posting yesterday ... the next thing I knew it was 10:00 pm and it was bed time.  So here it is, a day late ... I hope it was worth the wait *lol*

By now you know how I struggle to keep projects fast and simple ... but I think you'd agree that I"m getting better!  Yesterday was another success for me!  I received my club order, sorted and bagged it ... but didn't have a little "treat" to go with it.  Hmmmm ... quick and easy ... I needed to make 12 of them and didn't have much time.  I looked around my craft room ... I needed a "box" or bag to hold a treat .... AHA!  I spotted my Season of Sweets Designer Kit on the floor.
This kit (page 15 of the mini) was designed for wrapping and giving cookies ... but I can't bake a decent cookie to save my life and certainly wouldn't consider giving them to people I like!  So why did I buy the kit in the first place?  Convention.  Convention got me.  During one of the demonstrations we were shown projects using the kit other than for warpping cookies.  I liked the idea and bought the kit.  I DID bake some cookies (for my Appreciation Night back in August) and I DID wrap one in the wrapper as it was intented ... but apparently I neglected to take a picture of it!  Oh well .. it wasn't that exciting anyway *lol*  Here is a project idea that I copied from my friend Joan Jefferey (check our her works at www.j-jcreations.blogspot.com).  I simply put some card stock inside the sleeve and attached a picture to it.  Wa-low!  An instant picture frame - it can be mailed flat and then the flap of the envelope acts as a stand and the picture can be displayed on the mantle!  These little envelopes can also be added to a card and the picture can pull out ... or you could insert a gift card ... the options are endless!
 
 
SO!  Back to my "I need a treat fast" story.  I saw the envelopes in the kit and knowing that I would very likely find the still-unused kit sitting there next January decided I could use them for my current project!  Here is what I came up with:
Ta-Da!  Aren't they cute??  Within half an hour I 12 of these made and ready to pop in the bags!  I used a 1 1/4" strip of the new Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP (page 24 of the mini).  I cut a piece of 33 1/4" x 3 1/4" black base and 3"x3" piece of Very Vanilla.  I stamped the "Frightening Feline" (page 26 of the mini) in Versamark and the sprinkled a little black embossing powder in the right hand corner ... tapped off the excess ... then a little Tangerine Tango a little further up the right hand corner ... tapped off the excess ... a little more black higher up ... tapped off and then more Tangering and tapped it off.  I then heated it with the new Heat Tool (love the new heat tool ... it has two setting - one to dry ink and one to melt embossing powder!).  I used the sentiment from Wicked Cool (page 28 of the main catty) in Tangerine - punched it out with the large oval punch and layered it with a second large oval punched out of black.  I inserted a package of gummies and I was done!  I love it!  Quick, cute and easy ... and I managed to use all the envelopes in mu Designer Kit.  Now ... I just need to use all the die cuts from the kit and I can justify that I bought it *lol*.  My challenge to you is to get down to that craft room, dig out something you bought but haven't even opened yet and USE it!

That's it for today - not sure what we're up to ... I DO have to make my deliveries so maybe a trip to Papa's house is in order.  Whatever you get up to, have a stampy day!


Tam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment