Friday, October 19, 2012

Clockworks Man Card

Happy ... yawn ... Friday ...

I don't know why I'm blogging instead of napping ... sometimes I'm my own worst enemy!

Yesterday started OFF as a very productive day creation wise ... after my post ... and taking the kids to my mom's all creativity left me.  I spent 3 HOURS trying to come up with my "Man Card" for Sunday's birthday stamp-a-stack.  3 HOURS!  I have quite a pile or rejects (which I may post another day just for a good laugh!)  After 3 hours I had a quick bite to eat ... then another hour of nothingness trying again ... then yoga with Rebecca (where I hurt my back!) ... then 2 1/2 MORE hours of nothingness.  I finally crawled into bed around 11:30 pm (which is WAAAAAAY past my bedtime!) 

I woke up at 4:15 am.  Great.  Of course my mind went to cards ... NOT what I want my mind to be DOING at 4:15 am.  I tried to go back to sleep but by 5:15 am I figured "why fight it" ... just go down to the craft room and try again.  20 minutes later I had it.  Yep ... apparently if I am extremely sleep deprived and in vast amounts of pain from twisting into non-natural pretzel shapes on a hard floor I am more creative ... (or maybe I just didn't give a damn anymore *lol*).  But seriously - I really LIKE what I came up with.  Lookie:

Ta Da!  Love it!  (Good thing or I think I would have torched my craft room!!)  I used Soft Suede and Sahara Sand.  The stamp sets are Clockworks and Whacky Wishes.  The only explanation needed is with the watch ... I stamped the watch outline .. then on a scrap piece of paper stamped the face of it and punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch (so it didn't have the splotch design over it ... plus when I stamp the watch I get a big glob of ink in the centre from the rubber touching the ink pad where it shouldn't ... I usually cut the centres of circles out with an exacto knife but didn't think that wise at 5:30 in the morning!!)  I put a brad in the centre for fun.

I have LOTS more projects to share ... but I'm slowly losing the will to live so I must either a) walk the dog or b) take a nap ... I have to do both I just have to decide in what order!

Hope your having a perkier day than I am ... either way ... make it a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment