Thursday, October 11, 2012

Little Leaves Christmas

Happy Thursday!

I just LOVE it when I have a productive day!  That was yesterday.  It was one of only two days this MONTH that I had nothing written on the calendar ... and I made the most of it!  I was in my "comfort wear" all day and got SO much done!  I stepped away from my work and focused on the house.  I cleaned top to bottom ... cleaned out the front hall closet (my husband was THRILLED!), cleaned out the "junk drawer", organized the pantry and the Tupperware cupboard, did three loads of laundry, paid bills, cleaned off the fridge from all those random bills, permission slips and lottery tickets, made a batch of  and organized paperwork.  It was pure bliss!  I picked up the kids from school and then my brother came over to pick them up to take them to Grandma's house for a sleepover.  Heaven!  I SO needed a day of organizing, peace and quiet!  In the end Alicia decided she wanted to come home so I picked her up and we headed to Dollarama to finish off the loot bag shopping for her party this weekend (there will be 9 little girls crazy high on sugar come this Sunday *lol*)

I'm slowly chipping away at a few more loose ends while playing "school" with Alicia (the kids are off for PD days today and tomorrow) ... at the moment I'm the teacher who is suppose to be marking their work *lol*.

I better get on with it before she "busts" me :)

Here is the 4th project we made at class on Tuesday - it's a "Fun Fold" little card.  I gotta say - I'm loving the Toxic Treats stamp set.  I'm really glad I got it!
(yes, a new camera is on my Christmas Wish List!!)
Here it is open:
Here is how you make it:
Start with a 10 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of card stock - score at 3 1/2" and 7" then fold the two end sqaues on the diagonal.  Here is a picture that shows it a little better:
The rest is pretty straight forward.  I added a 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" piece of Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP to the front (cut on the diagonal.  The inside pieces are 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" (grey) and 3" x 3" (white).  The sentiments is from Wacky Wishes (hostess set) and the image on the front and the little frog are from Toxic Treats.  I punched out the graveyard and layer with the new Window Frames Collection Framelits (page 30 of the mini $32.95)  I added some Satin Striped ribbon (page 26 of the mini $10.95) to tie it closed.  Wa-low!

Wanna see another one?  OK ...

On Tuesday night I was playing around with the Heat & Stick powder some more and came up with this one:
Oooo - sparkly!  I used the 2 1/2" circle punch as a frame then ran the Little Leaves Sizzlet through the Big Shot.  Punched out some Red Glimmer Paper with the owl punch (the eyes) and attached them with glue dots.  I stamped the Greetings of the Season sentiment in Versamark then covered it with Heat & Stick powder then applied some contraband Red Glitter (why is it that I don't realize SU products have retired until I got to use them??!!)  Then heat again to set the glitter.  Preety!  I would recommend a "cleaner" sentiment - the writing is a little small to look "sharp" but I do like the card!

OK ... school is back in so I better run.  Stay warm ... and have a stampy day!

Tam



No comments:

Post a Comment