Monday, February 18, 2013

Bumblebees and Valentines

Happy Monday!

It's "Family Day" here in Canada ... and I think it's President's Day in the US ... I hope everyone has lots of fun planned for the day!  I'm hoping to have a "Technology Free" day for ALL of us ... so I'm actually typing this 2 days ago :)

I wanted to post the Valentines that I made for the girls ... and for Craig.  Of course I didn't make them until 2:00 pm ON Valentine's Day ... but they were OK with that.  Craig doesn't get home until 5:00 pm and Rebecca doesn't want to open anything without the whole family being together so it didn't matter that they weren't ready bright and early.  I can't believe how much I like these quick, clean cards!!  I usually manage to whip something up quickly when it's for the kids.  I suppose it's because I know all I have to do is make it sparkly and they'll love it.  Mission accomplished!  Here is the one I made for them:
Love it!  I simply used my Scalloped Squared punch for the silver glimmer paper ... and the Hearts A Flutter framelits for the red glimmer hears.  Hmmm ... you can't see the detail but under the swack of rhinestones I dry embossed a scallop border using the new Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate (page 26 o fhte mini - $19.95).  The rhinestones are in the middle of each scallop.  I stamped the little XO from the My Little Valentine Bundle set in Real Red.  Oh!  And I added one larger rhinestone on the middle heart.  So quick, easy and sparkly!

I wanted to make a card for Craig too ... and to be honest I just couldn't give him the chalkboard card I made.  I like it ... but don't love it.  I figured I could do better (even though I knew he wouldn't care!)  So I took the same layout as for the girls' card, changed the colors and the border and came up with this:
LOVE it!  I used Crumb Cake and Midnight Muse for his.  I changed the scalloped embossed border for some straight lines (just using the "normal" scoring plate).  I HAD to add one rhinestone.  Yep - love this one!

Moving on ... Friday night I had about half an hour to play and decided to crack open my Spring Sampler set.  It was 7 degrees on Friday and I certainly was feeling some Spring Fever!  I fell to the same quick, simple layout as the cards above ... a few minutes later I had this:
Hmm .... lousy picture.  You can't see the layer of white ... or the embossed cloudy.  Here is a close up ...
Hmmm - a little better ... well ... suffice it to say it's quite cute in person.  See the little stingers?  Hee hee - love that part!  I used the new Cloudy Day embossing folder (page 28 of the mini $9.95).  The bees are from the Spring Sampler (mini page 23 - $33.95 clear - $47.95 wood) and are punched out with the 1" circle punch and layered with the 1 1/4" circle punch in Daffodil Delight.  The bees are stamped in black Staz-on and cololred with the DD marker.  The Happy Day to you is from the Friendy Phrases (page 137 - $17.95 clear; $22.95 wood) and are popped up on dimensionals.  Quick, easy and cute!

That's it for now ... I think I'll head down and see what else I can come up with.  Until next time ... have a stampy day off!

Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment