Friday, February 8, 2013

Collage Curios Birthday

Happy Happy Friday!!

Woo Hoo!  Rollin' on into the weekend!  It's going to be another great one!  A carbon copy of last weekend would suit me just fine! 

Craig is off work today so we are having a "Date Day".  No kids.  No work.  Just fun!  Once the kids are back from school one is going over to her BFF's for her very first sleep over ... and the other one is being shipped off to Grandma's house for a sleepover.  Woo Hoo!! Once they are gone I have my Technique Class - I have some great stampers coming over for a fun night making some great projects.  I can't wait!  Saturday is play dates for the girls ... and crafting for me ... Sunday is wiiiiiiiiide open.  Yep - it's shaping up to be a great weekend :)))

So let's get the day rolling with pictures of another of the cards we'll be making tonight.  I'm not sure if I say this was "cased" or "inspired" by fellow demonstrator Deena Boos.  I think it would classify as a case.  I started off copying it exactly ... but as always I ended up changing and adding a few things.  Either way hers is a great card!  Here is hers:
You can check out Deena's other great projects on her blog: www.myhomegrownart.blogspot.com.  TFS Deena!  Here is my version of her card:

Which version do you prefer?  I prefer the first one .. on the Vanilla base.  Alicia and Craig prefer the second one, on the Raspberry Ripple base.  Whereas Deena used Primrose Petals cs and ink I went with Raspberry Ripple and the images are stamped in Early espresso (on the First Edition DSP).  What I love most about tis card is that there is no wrong way to do it!  You just stamp the images wherever you want!  You don't have to get them straight or centered ... just stamp wherever!!  I used the 1" square punch to punch the DSP ... and the Postage Stamp punch for 2 of the squares (you can't see it but the DSP on those 2 squares are popped up on dimensionals).  All of the images are from the Collage Curios set ... the Happy Birthday Sentiment is from "From My Heart" (page 139 of the catty - $35.95 clear; $48.95 wood) (oh ... and that's the 3rd time THIS WEEK I've used that set!!!)  I used the new tiny butterfly from the mini ... added 2 small pearls for the bodies and a jumbo pearl under the sentiment for some continuity.  I LOVE it!!  I think this may be my swap card for the Calgary Regionals next month!!

That's it for today!  I still have my Valentine Gift Card Holder project to share ... and my Club Girl treats ... hmmm ... was I supposed to post that gift card holder yesterday?  Oh well!  Soon!  I guess you'll just have to come back soon to check it out!  Until then ... have a stampy weekend!!!!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment