Saturday, February 23, 2013

Madison Avenue Case ... from Shelli!!

Happy Saturday!

Can I just say I had a FABULOUS time last night with my stampers??!!  ... and can I just say (once again) I LOVE MY JOB!!!  Sharing what I love with others makes my heart smile.  Stampin' Up! demonstrators are always saying "the best part of being a demonstrator are the relationships I've formed through stamping".  For the first few years of hearing that again and again I thought it was a little cheesey ... but ya know what?  The longer I do this ... and the more people I meet ... and the more friends I make ... I gotta say ... they are all 100% right.  I truly cherish the friendships I have made (and am making!) through this passion of mine.  Stamping truly is more than just crafting ... and stamping parties are SO much more than making a few cards.  They really ARE like the quilting bees from days gone by.  Most of my customers, club members and stampers don't come over to learn something new (but they often do!) ... I believe they come from the fun night out ... the escape ... the girlie yick-yack ... the "just be"ing.  I'll say it again ... I love my job :)

You know who else loves her job?  Our mighty leader, Co-Founder and CEO Shelli Gardner.  She has such a genuine passion for stamping ... and an even more genuine love for her demonstrators and employees.  You know that everything she says and does is truly from her heart.  She's an amazing, inspirational lady in SO many ways.  The card I'm posting today is HER card - 100% cased ... I just added a few rhinestones for some shine.  She created hers digitally on her MDS system.  I made mine the old fashioned way ... with paper and ink (and my stamp-a-ma-jig).  Her it is:
Isn't it great?  I was struck by it's simplicity ... it could be used for any occasion.  Love it!  It uses the Madison Avenue SAB set - and I grabbed the sentiment from Best Dad Ever.  The inks are Island Indigo, Crumb Cake and Rich Razzleberry - all on Sahara Sand cs with a Whisper White base.  Quick, easy and striking.  Love it.  Thanks Shelli for sharing what you love :)

Pop back soon to check out my By The Tide projects.  They make me smile :)  Until then ... have a stampy weekend!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment