Saturday, March 30, 2013

Field Flower Circles

Happy Saturday!

Ok, ok ... I still don't have that Scavenger Hunt done ... or started for that matter ... I still have a few more hours *lol*

I started off this last card caseing one I found on Stampin' Connection made by Sara Hoogendoorn.  Here is her lovely card:
I love it!  It's just so different!  I believe she used a sketch from Mary Fish and/or Mojo Monday.  I thought it would be perfect for my third card using the Field Flower Set.  Once I got down to making it I realized I needed to dig out my Circle Cutter ... ugh ... that didn't interest me much ... I'm really not sure where I've hidden it ... so I started playing around with her concept, but using different sizes of circles.  Here is what I came up with:
Hee hee!  This one just makes me giggle!  It's SO not what I had in mind!  That's what I love about this craft ... you start off with one thing in mind but it so often takes off on a tangent of its own and you get a totally different result!  I used my Circles Big Shot Die (page 193 - $19.95) for the 2 inch whisper white circle and my 2 1/2" circle punch (page 185 - $22.95) for the Island Indigo circle.  The sentiment is stamped in Lucky Limeade ink.  The other circles are made with the 1 3/4" circle (Daffodil Delight) 1 1/4" circle (Lucky Limeade) and 1" circle (Calypso Coral) (page 184 - $21.95 - $22.95 ... you just can't go wrong investing in ALL the circle punches!!)  The arrowhead is from Oh, Hello! in the mini - page 4 - $22.95 clear; $31.95 wood).  I colored each pattern with the same colors above with my markers.  A few rhinestones and dimensionals and Wa-low!  A very cute, very different card using the Field Flowers set.

So that is it for my Field Flower projects.  I hope I have convinced you that it is a "must have" set.  It's a definate keeper!

Happy Easter to everyone.  I hope you get to spend the day with family and friends celebrating in whatever way is special to you.  I'm having family over and can't wait!  Until next time - have a stampy day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment