Friday, March 29, 2013

Field Flower Vintage

Happy Friday! 

Friday!  Does this mean Spring Break is officially over?  I think it does!  We are now officially into the Easter break - so Happy Good Friday!

Just a quick one today ... I should be working on my annual Scavenger Hunt for Sunday morning - I'm determined not to leave it until 9:00 pm Saturday night this year!!

So here is one of the cards that made the cut for one of my Stamp Set of the Month cards:
It's so simple - I love it!  It is just stamped on First Edition DSP (LOVE that stuff!!! - page 162 - $15.95 for 24 sheets of this gorgeous stuff!) inb Soft Suede Ink.  I distressed the edges with the Distressing Tool (page14 of the mini - $6.95 .. it's kind of hidden - you have to look for it!) and sponged the edges with Soft Suede and a finger dauber.  I also sponged some Suede on the paper and then used my Color Spritzer Tool (page 179 - $16.95) to add some more distressing.  I punched the DSP with the Decorative Label Punch (page 182 - $22.95) and stamped the sentiment in the hole (using my stamp-a-ma-jig (page 7 - $15.50) to get it centred.  I tied some Soft Suede Taffeta ribbon around the DSP and (you really have to look to see them) a bunch of pearls - one right beside the sentiment and then a bundle of the smallest ones in the centre of each of the flowers.  Quick, easy but lovely.

Tomorrow I have my last card using this set ... and it's completely different than what I set out to do ... but I like it!  Pop in and check it out!  Until then - have a stampy day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment