Monday, March 25, 2013

Simple Circles

Happy Monday!

If you are popping over from Pink Paper Bakery - WELCOME! 

I was thrilled - and am honoured - to have been asked to be a guest artist for their blog!  They have very talented artists contributing to their blog.  If you are one of MY followers and haven't checked them out before pop on over and grab some inspiration!  www.pinkpaperbakery.com

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend! I certainly did .... I managed to spend a little time in my craft room putting together all the extra templates that I had cut for my Spring Stamp-A-Stack last weekend. The card I'm sharing today was the 5th card I designed ... with only 15 hours to spare *lol*. While I HAD a 5th project in mind I wasn't happy with it. I wanted something bright, cheery, quick and easy. I have been on a real "neutrals" roll lately and was craving some spring brightness. Time was of the essence! No time to over-think anything ... and that's usually when I come up with my favorite cards ... when I just "go with the flow" and create what my heart desires. Here is what I came up with:
What could be easier than a pack of DSP and some punches? This cards is PERFECT for any age, either gender and most occasions ... my kind of card!

I started with the standard 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Whisper White card base and added a layer of Whisper White measuring 5 1/4" x 4". I used the Polka Dot Parade DSP and punched out circles with my 1 1/4" circle punch. I then used my 3/4" circle punch to make the smaller Rich Razzleberry, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight circles. I popped the Daffodil and Red circles up on dimensionals and added a heart (using the small heart punch) to the Real Red circle. 3 small rhinestones finish off the design and really work well with the polka dot pattern. I used the sentiment from Friendy Phrases in Pacific Point. Part of the fun of making this card was playing around with it and changing up the patterns of the double sided DSP. Here are the variations I made:



That's it! I cracked off 10 of these in about 45 minutes. I'm now ready for the plethera of birthday cards needed for the kids' friends that always come this time of year!

So the next time you need a card just grab a pack of DSP that calls to you, a few of your favorite punches and play away! Don't overthink it, just have fun!

Thank you to Deena and the Pink Paper Bakery Ladies for inviting me to share my project(s) with you. I hope you like them and draw some inspiration from them. 

Have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment