Thursday, April 4, 2013

Beyond Plaid - Take III

Happy Thursday!

Just a quickie today ... it's a half day for the girls and I gotta get my excercising and shower in before it gets too late!

Here is the thrid card I love made using the Beyond Plaid set in the Spring Mini - page 14 - $21.95 clear; $28.95 wood:
Hmmm - lighting isn't great on this one - you can't see the strong honeycomb embossed shapes very well.  Oh well - look closer *lol*  I can't take credit for this idea - I CASEd it from the Spring Mini iteself!  Check out page 15 ... I used different colors but the concept was all Stampin' Up! ... once again, they make the tough stuff easy!  Make sure you keep all your catalogues for reference books - there are hundreds of layouts and color combinations to inspire you if you just take the time to look!

For this card I used Not Quite Nave, More Mustart, Cajun Craze and Old Olive inks and papers (I still want Old Olive to be in the Rich Regals family rather than the Bold Brights ... just sayin' ...).  I rant the Very Vanilla base throught he honeycomb folder (mini page 6 - $9.95) then ran scraps of NQN, MM, CC and OO card stock through it.  I stamped each of the 4 stamp images in one of the ink colors and then ran THOSE through the folder.  Then I spent about half an hour snipping out the honeycomb shapes to add to the card.  The sentiment is from Best Dad Ever (yes, again - page 27 - $17.95 clear; $22.95 wood) in Not Quite Navy and the "dad" is from Family Reunion - (page 138 - $31.95 clear; $43.95 wood) in Old Olive.  The stamped images are all popped up on dimensionals and one of them has an Old Olive brad attached to it for just a little bit of interest.  It's not the fastest card to make (well, one may be but of course I made 6) but I like the look of it.  I hope you do too!

I expect I'll play with the Beyond Plaid set again today or tomorrow so pop back in to see what I come up with.  Until then ....

Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment