Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Butterfly Thank You Cards

Happy Wednesday!!

As usual I have been WANTING to post all week but as usual family has taken priority.  We had Rebecca's birthday party at the swimming pool Saturday and a good time was had by all!  Needless to say I was pretty wiped by Saturday night and I had a "day off" on Sunday.  Monday was back-to-business and I spent most of the day making my deliveries ... and Thank You cards for Rebecca to hand out.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - sending Thank You cards for gifts received on birthday, Christmas ... and occasion, really are a MUST ... NON-negotiable!  Since the girls are very blessed (dare I say spoiled??) when it comes to gifts I usually mkae the cards ... it's enough for them to SIGN 15-20 of them, let alone have them MAKE them as well!

So today's project are the little 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" cards I made:
Isn't it adorable?  I just love this little guy!  I can't take credit for the idea - I CASEd it from fellow demonstrator Jill Franchett - she has a great blog you can check out here:  www.jillsink.typepad.com .  Here is the card I fell in love with that she made:
Love it!  Mine is the same, just using different colors and sentiment.  For my card I used Whisper White - the base is 7" x 3 1/2".  The mat is Rich Razzleberry - 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"".  The top WW layer is 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".  I specifically made the top layer that size so you could simply put the paper into the Elegant Butterfly Punch (page 184 - $21.95) ALL THE WAY and THEN punch - there is no guess work as to how far in you should go ... you go until you can't go any further ... you just have to eye-ball from left to right where the butterfly is centered.  I used a piece of 2 3/4"-less-2-ticks piece of Bold Brights DSP behind the punched image.  I popped the top layer of WW up on dimensionals and added a rhinestone to the body.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (page 133 - $32.95 clear; $45.95 wood - yes, a more expensive set but it really is one you want to have ... and keep ...) is in Rich Razzleberry as well.  That's it!  I cracked off 24 of these in about an hour.  Quick, easy and DONE!  Now I just have to nag Rebecca for 3 more days until she actually writes in them *lol*

That's it for today - pop in again soon - I DO have those adorable little Baby Cards to show you ... as well as my Club Girl gifts ... it's just a matter of DOING it!  Until then ... have a stampy day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment