Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kindness Matters Mother's Day

Happy Tuesday!

Lots on the go today so I'll keep it quick!

Today I'm sharing another butterfly card we made in class last week.  Since class was the week before Mother's Day I used a Mother's Day sentiment but the card works well for most occasions ...
Quick and cute!  I used the Kindness Matters stamp set - another one that retired in 2 weeks :(  The lighting isn't great in this picture ... I used Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White for the color scheme.  It really is very regal in the proper lighting!  I rounded the corner of two corners both on the white front and the eggplant layer.  I stamped the image on a scrap piece of white and then used my Oval Framelits to punch it out.  I used my Scalloped Ovel punch to get the eggplant scallop that is behind the butterfly layer.  Thye picture doesn't show it well, but I used my paper piercing tool to punch a little hole in each of the scallops.  The butterfly layer is then popped up on dimensionals.  Again - the photo doesn't show it well but I also have a partial oval pierced to the left of the butterfly layer.  I used my Paper Piercing "Occasions" pack template to get the oval perfect, rather than freehanding it.  The sentiment is from "Wonderful Mother" - another retiring set - stamped in eggplant.  A string of (5) rhinestones adds a little touch of bling.  I love this card!  Clean and simple but packs a "Wow".  I hope you like it!
 
I have one more project to share from class last week.  Pop in again tomorrow to check that one out.  Until then ... have a stampy day :)
 
 
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment