Friday, June 7, 2013

Father's Day Fun

Happy Friday!!!

Yay!  Friday!  .... WHY is it I get excited about Fridays??  The weekends are pretty much the same as weekdays for me ... except that there are 3 people getting under my feet ... I really should DREAD Fridays, by all accounts!

I gotta say today I feel like I spend 12 hours in a smoke-filled bar ... my lungs are ACHING!!  I don't know where the heck this came from but yesterday I woke up with a tight chest and today it's worse.  I know it will result in me losing my voice in the next day or two ... which will be nice for my family *lol*

While I DIDN'T spend 12 hours in a smoke filled bar yesterday I DID spend a few hours in my craft room.  I was mass producing yesterdays Teacher cards and finishing off some kits I put together for a few customers.  I also spent a few hours HIDING from 4 squealing, shrieking, giggling little girls who were invading my house all afternoon!  The girls each had a friend over!  While I was HOPING to get a nap in to try to kick this chest thing I got goin' on I couldn't bring myself to *shush* them ... they were having so much fun ... so I ran to the craft room and had my OWN kind of fun!  While I had planned to play with a few of my newest toys I gravitated towards my old sets ... I think I was overwhlemed by all the new and found comfort in the familiarity of the old *lol*.  Here is what I came up with:
Love it! (then again what DON'T I love these days *lol*)  I grabbed my "A Fitting Occasion" stamp set (page 86 of the NEW catty *insert sqeal of joy here!* $33.95 clear; $46.95 wood.  Now ... as often happens ... I've HAD this set for ... oh ... at least a year now ... and I've used it exactly .... oh ... let's see ... ZERO times!  Shame on me!!!  It's such a cute set!!  I think when there are small images like these one we often don't know how to fill up a full-sized card.  Sometimes less is more ... like this one I made!  I love it's simplicity!  I simply stamped the mustache, coffee cup and tie in black Staz-on, Baked Brown Sugar and Cherry Cobbler, then punched them out with the 3/4" circle punch.  I used the 1" circle punch for the larger circles and popped each one up on a dimensional.  The sentiment is in black Staz-On and is from Delightful Dozen (page 27 - $30.95 clear; $40.95 wood ... this really is a MUST HAVE set!).  That's it!  That's all there is to this one!  It was "Craig approved" in that it is clean, simple, no bling and no ribbon.  A guy card nailed!

Pop in again soon to see what else I can cook up.  Until then - have a stampy day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment