Monday, June 10, 2013

Simply Sketched Take II

Happy Monday!!

Ok ... so wish me luck ... today I'm starting yet another 30 day challenge.  This is my 3rd one to date.  The first challenge was to go 30 days without yelling at the kids.  Epic fail.  I lasted 2.7 days *lol*  The second challenge was to eat to the Weight Watchers plan and excercise every day for at least 17 minutes, not including walking the dog.  Nailed it.  The last challenge was going well ... it was the 30 day Squat Challenge.  I made it to day 26.  I stoped on Friday ... I made it up to 220 squats (NOT my idea of a good time let me tall ya THAT for free!) ... but then I got some sort of chest cold thingy that made it rediculously hard to breathe, let alone breathe heavy from excercise.  I thought I might try to do them Saturday ... no good ... I was worse Saturday.  Sunday ... meh ... now I've lost the will to even try and have moved on *lol*.  SO!  Next challenge ... Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD.  I have a few friends joining in on the *fun* and of course that WILL keep me on track.  We will be doing the video 6 days a week with one day of rest.  If anyone misses a day other than that they need to buy the rest of us EACH a $10 coffee card.  That can get expensive so I'm pretty sure we'll all do it (barring back injuries or chest colds!!!)  So wish me luck - hopefully I won't cough up a lung!  (and hopefully I'll see some weight shift!  After 60+ days of eating well and excercising I'm still only down about 6 pounds .... and I lost that in the first WEEK!  ... but it's all good ... I know I HAVE gained some muscle ... and I can fit a pair of jeans I couldn wear 2 months ago so I'm REALLY trying not to be discouraged by the scale ... it's just a number, right??!!)

OK - enough random rambling ... you came to see a project I'm sure ... so ... here is a QUICK little card I put together yesterday:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!  So quick, so clean, so *POP* ... I don't know what that means ... it just seems to *pop* in person ... go with it ... it might catch on *lol*.

I used the hostess set Simply Sketched with the little birdie dude.  LOVE him - he just makes me smile!!!  And the font on the sentiment (same set) - love that too!!  The base is whisper white, with a mat of basic black and then the newwwwwwww Smokey Slate.  I used my Oval framelits (page 186 - $32.95) to make a Going Gray oval mat and to punch out the bird (on whisper white).  The bird is stamped in Balck Staz-on but the black that is stamped on the gray is the basic black classic ink (it doesn't smudge on colored card stock ... oh ... and by the way ... Stampin' Up! has rectified the smudging problem they had with their basic black ink so you can use it on white and vanilla again ... I just haven't purchased a new pad yet - the pad I have will smudge so I still use Staz-on)

The weed that is stamped on the Smokey Slate is from the stamp set "Love & Sympathy" - page 68; $14.95 clear; $19.95 wood ... seriously ... you need to own this set ... you won't regret it!!!  I used my black marker to ink just the stem/leaf/weed thingies and stamped it in the corner.  I was going for a masculine card but couldn't resist adding three rhinestones for a little "something".  When I consulted Craig on it later he said it wasn't really a guy card anyway - the bird was too *girlie*  lol ... ok ... I guess it's a girl card, then *lol*

So that's it for today.  My boxes of new stamp sets, ribbons, framelits and CANDY DOTS should arrive today or tomorrow so you may not see me for a day or two while I try to focus on picking just ONE project to make .. something tell me I'm going to struggle with that! 
Until next time .... have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment