Monday, June 10, 2013

Washi Tape Greeting

Happy Monday ... again!!

MAN I'm on a ROLL this week (if I do say so myself!!)  I'm LOVING every card I make!!! 

I didn't expect to craft today ... I woke up with a cracking headache, still had my chest cold ickiness and felt generally *ugh*.  So naturally what did I do?  I dug out my running shoes, my workout DVD and spent the next 20 minutes torturing myself with Jillian Michaels!  Afterwards I didn't know if I was going to throw up or faint ... so naturally I took a shower *lol*.  My arms were so sore I couldn't bear the thought of holding a hair dryer ... so naturally I flopped down on the bed ... and promptly dozed off for half an hour (you can imagine the FABULOUS hair day I had after THAT!).  Feeling mildly better I walked the dog and spent the rest of the day doing odds and ends.  As the day went on I felt increasingly better.  After dinner I made it down to the craft room, not sure WHAT I was going to create ... but I knew I wanted to TRY to work with the new Washi Tape.  Now I gotta admit ... I really don't GET this whole Washi Tape gig.  Heck, I didn't even know what it WAS until a few months ago!  Not letting fear of the unknown get the better of me I (of course) now own all of the Washi Tape that Stampin' Up! sells.  My mission was to USE the darned stuff before it retires *lol*.  I sat.  I stared.  I tore a piece off.  I stuck it to card stock.  I peeled it OFF the card stock.  I stuck it to my table.  I unstuck it from the table.  I stuck it back on the card stock.  I stared at it.  I grabbed a stamp.  I placed the stamp on top of the washi tape to see how it looked.  I put the stamp away.  I peeled the tape off the card stock.  I stuck the tape to my table.  I aborted the mission.  I moved on.

I grabbed my new set "Label Love" and my new favorite color Bermuda Bay.  I stamped it and punched it out with the new Artisan Punch.  I grabbed an image from Mosaic Madness and stamped it.  I layed the punched piece on top of it.  It was very clean and very simple ... but it lacked something ..... washi tape .... all of a sudden my card morphed from clean, simple and monochromatic to THIS little piece of fabulousness *insert squeal of excitement here*:
I have been wanting to make a card for a few of my friends lately using this sentiment.  There are about 4 friends who have been going through a bit of a rough patch lately and this card is for them!  Let's disect it, shall we?

I used Whisper White and Bermuda Bay card stock.  The bottom stripe of Burmuda bay is the stamped image I used from Mosaic Madness (I TOLD you this was going to be one of my favorite sets for a while so expect to see a lot of projects made with it!)  - page 123 - $22.95 clear; $32.95 wood.  The pink and yellow strips are WASHI TAPE!  Woo Hoo!  (page 171 - $6.50 for (3) rolls in different designs).  No, I still don't really get the whole dealio with the tape but I'm moving outside my comfort zone and givin' 'er a go!  The sentiment is from Really Good Greetings - page 38 - $17.95 clear; $22.95 wood (cheap like borcht!)  I stamped the image in Bermuda Bay and punched it out with one of my oval framelits (page 186 - $32.95), used a finger dauber with Melon Mambo ink on the edges and popped it up with dimensionals.  It need a LITTLE something more so I grabbed my Itty Bitty Shapes Punches (page 180 - $22.95) and my 1/2" circle punch ($7.95) punched out shapes in Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay and used glue dots to attach them.  3 Rhinestones finished it off and Wa-low!  A card I absolutely, positively LOVE!  It's SO not my usual style ... whatever *that* is!  This is so fresh and colorful (not vintage and neutral!) .. and I looooooove it!  OK ... maybe Washi Tape isn't so scary after all.  See what you think!  Give it a try!!

Pop in again soon to see what else I come up with ... The "Stampin' Man" (as my kids call the UPS driver) should be here tomorrow so I'll be spoiled for choice of sets to play with ... and I already have one half designed ... I'm just waiting on a certain set to finish it off *eeeeee* - can't wait!!  Until then ... have a stampy day!!

Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment