Sunday, July 7, 2013

Million and One Betsy's Blossom

Happy Sunday!

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE stamping??  I don't think I've mentioned it for a few weeks!  ... I just gotta say ... I LOVE STAMPING!!!  Last night I did some comfort stamping ... a nice change from comfort EATING, I must say!!!  I'd had a lovely day with the girls, but I was *spent* and needed some *down time* ... so down I went ... to the craft zone!  I wanted to make some quick, easy and yummy cards ... I just needed to unwind ... and I totally nailed it!  While I absolutely enjoyed the 2-3 hours I spent creating my mom's birthday card from my last post I did NOT want to spend that amount of time on a card this round!  I sat down wanting something bright, cheery, clean and simple.  I nailed it!  I ended up with three great cards in UNDER AN HOUR!  I tell ya it was better than sex!  I emerged a from my craft room all smiles and rejuvinated (whereas with sex you may be smiling but let's face it ... you usually just want to curl up and go to sleep afterward *lol*)  Right!  Enough of THAT kind of talk *lol* ... onto the first card I cracked off:
Ta Da!  ... ok, apparently I should have worked on the lighting a little more ... the whisper white card stock looks blue!  Oh well ... it's not blue - it's white - now you know :)

Does it GET any easier than this?  When I started out I wanted the sentiment in blue ... and I had 3 swings at it ... Island Indigo, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay ... none of them made me happy.  I tried the blossom in Crushed Curry.  Nope - didn't float my boat.  I tried the background in Rasberry Ripple.  Uh uh.  Too flat.  In the end my combo was Daffodil Delight, Real Red and Basic Black.  Yep ... that made me smile!  The sets used were Betsy's Blossom (page 87; $26.95 cl; $35.95 w).  Haven't used THAT one in a year!!!  The sentiment is from Million in One - page 63; $15.95 cl; $20.95 w) it's new this year and I had to have it (you KNOW my love for fancy fonts!!)  If you look closely you'll see that I paper pierced the top left of the blossom.  I used the "Essentials" piercing template - page 179; $10.95.  Paper piercing really does add that *little* something when a full-on embellishment is just too much.  I like it!  I also added 3 different sizes of rhinestones - 2 from the standard pack and one jumbo rhinestones.  That's it!  Done!  It takes about 4 minutes from start to finish!

Pop in again tomorrow when I'll show two great cards I made using painter's tape, thanks to a tutorial I saw from Bette on Split Coast Stampers last week.  LOVE it ... and it's the technique we'll be doing in class on Friday.  Until then ... have a stampy Sunday!!!

1 comment: