Monday, July 1, 2013

Timeless Talk Hello

Happy Canada Day!!

We love Canada Day around our house.  We always head out to some sort of celebration in the morning ... free ice cream and watermelon, petting zoos, bouncy castles, military, cake ... the weather has been nice (and often very hot!) for as long as I can remember ... and today is supposed to be no exception.  They are calling for 29 degrees so we're gunna get going bright and early so we can either head for shade or head to the spray park before hitting the family BBQ over at Craig's sister's place.  If I have any energy left by 10:30 pm we'll also hit the fireworks.  We've taken the girls the last 2 or 3 years ... but this year Canada Day falls on a Monday ... and Craig has to work in the morning so we'll have to see.  Maybe it will just be me and the girls ... but then again it's not like we'll sneak in at 12:00 am and Craig will keep sleeping!  We're not that quiet! ... and Koda will bark to wake him anyway ... so we'll see.

I have another cute, quick, clean card to share today.  My style really has changed over the last 3 months.  I'm just not into the complicated, layered, crazy embellished cards any more!  Quick and easy is where it's at .. and lets face it ... 90% of the time that's what we all NEED!  It's rare that I have the occasion or the TIME to sit for hours and *faff* over a fancy card (*faff* ... I haven't used THAT word in a loooong time!  I used it all the time when I lived in England! ... Canadian translation ... *fiddle*)

So!  Without further adeau ... (I really have no idea if that's how you spell adeau ... looks good to me!)
See?  Not only am I doing my best to use all the new paper, embellishments and dies that I bought lately but I'm now REALLY pushing my boundaries and trying out colors that I have never used before!  This card uses Midnight Muse (which I looooove) and Summer Starfruit (heck - I even had to look the name up to get it right!)  Yep - I've had the paper for over a year and never used it on a project!  Shame on me! 
Aaaaaaaanway ... I love so many things about this card! 
  • It's clean - it only used 3 colors - Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit. 
  • It uses one of my favorite embossing folders ...Vintage Wallpaper ... oh poop .. I forgot that one retired.  Oh well .. the new Beautiful Baroque (page 191 - $9.95) works just as well! 
  • The edgelit along the bottom (from "Finishing Touches Edgelits - page 188 - $11.95)
  • But my VERRRRRY favorite thing is the speech bubble!  I stamped the "hello" sentiment from "Four You" (- page 22 - $14.95 clear; $17.95 wood ... and a MUST HAVE!) in Midnight Muse and punched it out with the Extra Large Oval - page 182 - $22.95.  I then used my Elegant Butterfly punch (page 183 - $21.95) to make the pointy part of the bubble ... it's just the large tip of his wing.  Yay for me!!!  I always marvel at how people come up with shapes using different punches ... I always assume they are drunk when they craft because when I look at a butterfly I only SEE a butterfly ... not the hundreds of other things people see ... until today ... but my approach was different.  I knew I needed a pointy *something-or-other* so I sat an looked at all my punches LOOKING for a pointy *something-or-other* ... and found it in the butterfly punch.  Love it!!
It's hard to see in the picture but I used my Summer Startfruit marker to color every other dot on the phone dial ... oh - I guess I didn't mention - the telephone is from Timeless Talk - page 19 - $20.95 clear; $27.95 wood.  I toyed with coloring other parts of the phone but stopped myself.  I like it the way it is ... and it makes a great workshop card as is.

So that's it for today.  As I said the other day - I plan to craft more when I'm escaping the heat so pop in again soon.  Until then, have a stampy Canada Day!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment