Monday, August 5, 2013

Joy to the World

Happy Monday!  ... and a long weekend Monday at that!

OK.  No.  I'm still not done my project.  So?  It's not Thursday, right??  I'll get there ... eventually :)

TOday's card is completely different than yesterdays!  Back to Christmas!  Ready?
Ta da :)

I like this card in theory ... but when I think about it I doubt I would ever actually mail it out as a Christmas card.  So does that make it an epic fail?  I dunno!  I just liked how clever it was to use the world stamp from The Open Sea (page 101; $22.95 clear; $32.95 wood) for one of the ornaments!

I used Smoky Slate, Raspberry Ripple and Whisper White card stock and inks.  I used the 1 3/8: circle punch for the small ornaments and one of the new circle framelits to punch out the world (it's also popped up on dimensionals).  The sentiment is from Joy to the World set in the holiday mini (page 24; $26.95 clear; $20.95 wood) and I just drew the circle hook thingy with my Smoky Slate marker.  The sentiment is also in Smoky Slate.  I added a few rhinestones for some bling.  Oh!  and the little piece on top of the ornaments is made from the ornament punch in the Merry Minis Punch Pack punches (carried over from last year but not shown in the catalogue ... $22.95 for the 3 punches).

*Meh*.  It's ok.  Doesn't blow my hair back but it was fun to play with.  Hey.  They can't ALL be super crazy amazing, right?

Oh!  I have another project to share that DID blow my hair back ... AND it HOLDS your hair back!  Check it out:
Eeee!  Love it!  That's my little Leeshy Loo Loo (or Alicia as she's formally known *lol*) modeling the hair band I whipped up in literally 3 minutes!!!  I used the new Gift Bow Bigs Die - page 37 of the Holiday Mini; $40.95.  I wasn't convinced I needed this die ... and then I thought instead of making bows for presents I would make bows for the girls hairbands!  Yep ... ordered it the next day *lol*.  I'm such an addict!  I simply ran some felt through the die, grabbed my hot glue gun and attached it together and then to the hair band.  I foresee about a dozen of these in my future!!!

Pop in again to see what other things I'm up to.  Until then, have a stampy day!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment