Friday, August 9, 2013

Thankful for Thinlits!

Happy Friday!

No time to ramble ... there is fun to be had!  Summer is winding down FAST you know!!!

As promised, today I'm going to share a great card that I'll be using this fall ... for Thanksgiving AND for general "thank you" cards.  Check it out:
Ta da!  I love it!  It took quite a while of *playing* and *tweaking* to get it to this point ... but I had fun playing and tweaking!

I used Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry for this card.  Now is it my imagination or did they change the Crushed Curry color since we last saw it?  When it forst came out a few years ago I HATED it ... and now I quite LIKE it!  Maybe it's because they took awy More Mustard ... I dunno but this color is definately in my *must have lots of* pile lately!!

I stamped the wheat from Wetlands (page 69; $20.95 clear; $26.95 wood) in Crushed Curry ... and then I used my Soft Suede marker to add a little brown shading to it.  The "Thankful" is made from the new Expressions Thinlits in the holiday mini - page 36; $30.95.  I wasn't convinced I wanted these thinlits when I first saw them.  I needed to see projects made with them before committing.  But really ... who was I kidding?  It really was inevitable that I would buy them!!  My concern was getting them out of the die.  Yes, that CAN be tricky ... but now I've seen enough other demos use them and they reported that all you need to do is run it through the die with one ... or TWO pieces of wax paper and they pop right out. They are right!  My other concern was attaching such a thin saying to a project.  Meh - wasn't a big deal at all!  I used my 2-way glue pen and had not problem.  Yep - glad I got 'em!  The embellishments were the fun part!  To make a long process short, I used the new 1 1/4" burlap ribbon (page 18 of the holiday mini; $9.95) and cut it in half.  1 1/4" was just to fat!  I then frayed it a little ... and pulled a few strings of the fibres right off.  I used glue dots to attach the burlap.  I then tied the fibres together and used another glue dot to attach IT!  I love how it mirrors the wheat but with a 3-D effect!  I added a strip of 7/16" Trim ribbon (page173; $8.95) and 3 Naturals Designer Buttons (page 169; $6.95).

That's it!  I really, really love it!!

Gotta fly ... until next time ... have a stampy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment