Sunday, September 8, 2013

"Embossing Folder Stamp" Technique

Happy Sunday!

Right!  Today I REALLY need to buckle down - I now have enough stress to get me going.  I have to prep for my 3 classes (that start Tuesday night) and I still have to design and prep for my Stamp-a-Stack Sunday morning ... and I'm off to the Eagles concert tomorrow night!!  No time to waste so here we go!

Today I'm sharing with you the "Embossing Folder Stamp" Technique.  I've seen this a few times in the last week and it looked like fun so I thought I'd give it a whirl (and who doesn't like to find a new way to use an existing tool??!!  I do!  It helps me justify buying what I bought even more!)

First off let's see the card I made:
Ta Da!   I love this for a "guy" card.  It's not fussy, not blingy, neutral in color and quick.  Perfect!

All you have to do for this technique is grab your favorite embossing folder and add ink directly to the open folder.  You can either press your ink pad directly onto the folder or you can use your brayer - ink up the brayer and roll it onto the open folder.  You then simply turn the open folder over and use it like you would a stamp, directly onto your card stock!  For this card I used my brayer.  I love the vintage look to the image.  This is also a great way to justify buying all those fabulous embossing folders even if you don't have a Big Shot!  Heck, at only $9.95 per folder it's cheaper than most stamps you can buy!

I used Very Vanilla and Soft Suede card stock.  (I actually apologized to my pack of Soft Suede for ignoring it for so long.  Before Baked Brown Sugar came into my life Soft Suede was one of my go-to colors ... I haven't used it on soooo long ... I hung my head in shame ...)

I used Baked Brown Sugar ink for both the embossing folder background and the sentiment.  The sentiment is from the new Label Love set (page 33 of the catty) and is punched out with the new Artisan Label punch (page 181).  I added some of the yummy burlap ribbon and a retired brad (sorry!  It just needed something and for a "guy" card it had to be plain and simple!)  Now ... See the layer of Soft Suede behind the sentiment?  No - there isn't a second punch available to make that ... I simply punched out (4) Artisan Labels in Soft Sued and taped them on slightly higher, lower and to the sides of the sentiment.  Here's what I mean:

Stamp and punch out sentiment:
 Punch (4) labels from Soft Suede card stock and tape the first one slightly higher than the sentiment:
Attached the second slightly lower than the sentiment:
 
The third slightly to the right: 
And the fourth slightly to the left:
What's great about doing this is that it results in the sentiment being bulked up and it really jumps off the card at you.  I attached the burlap to the card using snail ... but I popped the sentiment up even higher using 2 dimensionals.

Fun, quick and cute!  I think I have my first Stamp-a-stack card - woo hoo!

Here are the supplies I used to make this card:

Very Vanilla Card Stock - item # 101650 - $9.25
Soft Suede Card Stock - item # 115318 - $8.50
Artisan Label Punch - item # 130920 - $21.95
Label Love Stamp Set - item # 130622 - $21.95 clear; item # 130619 - $30.95 wood
Baked Brown Sugar Ink - item # - 131174 - $7.25
Burlap 1 1/4" Ribbon - item # 132140 - $9.95
Alphabet Press Embossing Folder - item # 130916 - $9.95
Dimensionals - item # 104430 - $5.50

Click here to place an on-line order and have your items shipped directly to your door!

Pop in again soon to check out that Halloween favour I teased you with yesterday.  I'll try to get my act together and post that project soon.  Until then, have stampy day!


Tam



No comments:

Post a Comment