Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thankful Tablescape Place Settings

Happy Thursday!

Let's get right to it (I just spent 45 minutes rambling on an e-mail to my customers so I'm starting to cramp up from all the typing!!)

This weekend is Thanksgiving up here in the Great White North.  Looks like it's gunna be another great long weekend ... our Thanksgiving weekends very often are.  That will bode well for our family photos on Saturday.  My brother and SIL are in town to help celebrate turkey day and my parents' 50th anniversary so it's gunna be an action packed weekend!  Mom is making the turkey dinner but (as always) I volunteer to make the placesettings.  This year I was THRILLED when I saw the Thankful Tablescapes kit in the holiday mini.  I ordered it right away ... so yes, I've had it since July ... I put it together with the girls this week *lol*.  I always have such great intentions!  Here is what we made:
 
 
 
 

 Fun!  Alicia did all the writing of the names (using the great White Chalk Marker), as she has the best printing in the family.  Rebecca did all the stamping ... as she's often a better stamper than I am when it comes to free hand centering! ... and I did assembly.  I love the little bud vases we decorated with the various pieces of the kit.  I had picked some wheat-type-stuff back in ... oh ... August (yes, I'm glad to get THAT out of my craft room!) and they look great all jazzed up.  The little glass pumpkins and acorns are just from Dollarama and the look really sweet.When it came to making the tbale setting / napkin holder / Thankful for *thingy* I added a few of my own stashed buttons and pearls to bump it up a notch.  I also decided to use the birch bark paper to decorate some pencils to pop in so we all had something to write with when we went to make our lists of what we are thankful for.  I absolutely, positively LOVE this idea.  Every year we go around the table and SAY what we are thankful for (of course most of us get choked up and can't finish our sentences!) and now we will have a great way to record them, scrapbook them and reflect on them for many years to come.  Love, love LOVE it!
 
Right!  Dinner calls ... you likely won't see much of me for the next few days but pop back soon to see what I'm up to next.  Until then - have a stampy night!
 
 
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment