Thursday, December 19, 2013

Candy Cane Treats

Happy Thursday!!

Were you starting to think I'd left the country for Christmas??  Nope!  (Although I DID consider it given the weather we've been having around here lately!!!)  Anyone who is a Mom KNOWS the crazy that happens around this time of year - it's just a big a blur of getting ready for the big day!  As the stress was building I made the conscious decision to slow down and ENJOY the advent ... and a HUGE part of that involved stepping away from the computer!  I had a long hard think about how how short tempered and *spazy* I've been over the last month and realized that I needed to stop.  Over the years I just keep taking on more and more and more.  Once I start a tradition I just can't seem to let it go ... so it keeps building.  This blog has been a big commitment over the year and I just needed to step away to focus on the things that *really* matter - and that's my family.  Lucky for you spending time with my family almost always involves crafting ... so I DO have lots to share ... I just haven't done it yet.  Today, before I head out to help at Rebecca's field trip, I decided I just HAD to share the cute little Candy Cane Treats the girls and I made for thier classes.  So forgive my lack of posting ... but know that I DO have things to share ... and I WILL share ... just not every single day :)

Here are the treats we made:


These were SO quick and easy to make ... JUST the right project for this time of year!!  I simply cut 3" x 3" squares of white card stock, stamped the hedgehog image (from Best of Snow) in Chocolate Chip Ink, stamped the sentiment (from Embellished Events) in Chocolate Chip, used my blender pen to shade the little critters and then the girls colored the scarves with their choice of markers.  The nose on the snowman is done in Pumpkin Pie.  The shading was easy and just right as the Chocolate Chip ink was a lighter shade when it bled with the blender pen.  Quick and easy!  Once the girls signed the back I grabed my little scalloped circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and punched out two holes to thread the candy cane through.  Done!  All 60 were done in no time and are now ready to go to school tomorrow.  Perfect!

OK ... I still have some time before the field trip so I'll do another post now to post for tomorrow showing another SWEET Candy Cane treat made with the Gift Bow Bigz Die.  So pop back tomorrow to check that one out.  Until then - thanks for checking in and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment