Friday, January 24, 2014

People Like You

Happy Friday!!!

Today's the day!!!  I have between 20 and 30 stamping' crazed women coming over tonight for cards, food and laughs!  Eeeeeeee!!!  I'm so excited!!!  So let's get to it … a million things to do!

Today's card is made with the new "People Like You" set …
I had fun playing with this new stamp.  It DEMANDED to be embossed … so I did.  I tried it on vellum first but it wasn't coming together easily … so I aborted to save some time … but I WILL revisit it … I embossed on a whisper white layer with black embossing powder.  I then coloured the flowers with Whisteria Wonder and Coral Calypso and Wild Wasabi markers.  Be careful if you do this … I wasn't careful to wipe off the embossed parts when I was done and it ended up on my fingers … and then smudged on the card.  NOT the look I was going for but decided not to "let the perfect be the enemy of the good".  Time is of the essence this week … so I left it!  (and guess what?  Nobody died and nobody lost a limb!!!)

I embossed the sentiment (from the same stamp) again on scrap and then punched stout with the decorative label punch. I then coloured the edge of it with my Crushed Curry marker and popped it up. It needed a little something so I added some teeny rhinestones to the centre of the flowers, one to the sentiment piece and then a little Pistachio Pudding Ruffled Trim to the bottom.  Perfect!

OK … hope to see my local stampers tonight!  Until next time … have a stampy day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment