Wednesday, January 8, 2014

So Very Grateful ... Graffiti Style!

Happy Wednesday!

Yep ... all is back "to normal" around here - a busy day of errands and appointments.  I SO missed *normal*!

I'm so excited to share my project with you today!  It is SOOOOO not my *normal* style of card ... I think I've decided that *abnormal* IS my *normal* *lol*.  Ok .... here it is -
Bwahahahaha!!!  LOVE it!!!  No REALLY!  I LOVE IT!!!  As usual coming up with this was a journey!  I headed to Pinterest for some inspiration (if you haven't yet discovered Pinterest you really MUST!!!  Yes, it will suck hours out of your day but it's so WORTH it *lol*)

I found this great card I had pinned made by Elena Forum Smidt over at http://fotomemorias-scrapbooking.blogspot.com.ar/2013/09/mi-smash-book.html ... the site is in Spanish ... but the project says it all!  Here is what she made: 
 I just loved the look of it ... and then my eyes fell upon my new set "So Very Grateful".  It was PERFECT to try to make something similar!!

Here is my card again ...
I started with some Crumb Cake card stock.  Instead of grabbing my retired newsprint DSP (which I really WANTED to use but figured I could make the same thing with current product ... ).  I used some Very Vanilla card stock, stamped the "Dictionary" stamp in Soft Suede and then tore the cards stock into strips.  I MEANT to disctress the strips a little with spinging ... but forgot *lol* so that's how it stayed.  I taped the strips down and then stamped thh flower images in Black Staz-on.  The sentiment is from the new photopolymer set *Countless Sayings 2*.  Then I simply colored all the flowers and the *Happy*.  For fun I added 3 flowers using the new Petite Petals punch (in the Occasions mini) in Whisteria Wonder, Rose Red and So Saffron ... I stamped some black centres using the FREE Sale-a-brations set Banner Blast and then added a WHOLE bunch of pearls.  Is this a card I would ever make in a class?  Nope.  For a workshop?  Nope.  For fun?  You betcha!  I had a BALL making this one.  I challenge you to do something for fun today ... something outside your *norm* just because.

Pop in again to see more FUN cards made with all my new toys.  Until then - have a stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment