Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Vintage Hexagon Hive

Happy Wednesday!

Do you know that the biggest Stampin' Up! promotion of the year started yesterday??!!   Yep - Sale-a-brations is under way!!  For every $60 you spend you get to pick a FREE item from the SAB brochure (yes, I SHOULD have the link posted over to the right but I was busy all day yesterday and then spent all evening inputting orders! ... I'll do it tonight or tomorrow - promise!)

Today I REALLY wanted to share my newest favorite card (*lol* ... if you follow my blog regularly you'll understand how fleeting THAT will be!)

Here it is!
Love it?  I LOVE IT!!!  As you know, my favorite cards are the ones I come up with all  my myself.  This is one of those!  Oh I STARTED to copy a card from another demonstrator but the only thing that ended up the same was the tone-on-tone paper - after that it totally morphed into this vintage piece ... and I love it.  What I ESPECIALLY love is that I found a use for my new Hexagon Hive Thinlit!  I bought it and then didn't know what to DO with it!!!  Oh sure, I could make a card that looks like a soccer ball ... or a bee hive ... but that's what "everyone" seems to be doing with it ... this is something completely different!
 
I used Crumb Cake card stock for the base and for the thinlit layer.  After running it through the thinlit I sponged some of the hexagons with Soft Suede ink.  I wanted to use my new Free SAB set "You're Lovely" so stamped that in Soft Suede and then again in Blushing Bride.  I ran the Soft Suede piece through the Big Shot with theDeco Labels Framelits.  The Blushing Bride piece I punched out with my 1 3/4" circle punch and popped it up on dimensionals.  The color combo just SCREAMED vintage ... and vintage screams doilies!  I grabbed mine and played around with them.  You can see it but I sponged the doilies with some Blushing Bride ink so soften and age the look a bit.  I cit a few doilies to get the shape I wanted behind the sentiments.  I then stamped flowers with the Petite Petals stamp using Soft Suede ink on Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla and Soft Suede card stock then punched them out with the Petite Petals punch.  I added some pearls to 3 of the flowers, a strip of Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon and Wa-low!  I was done!
 
OK ... gotta run ... I have to take Rebecca to an early morning appointment ... and just mayyyyyybe we'll be playing hookie the rest of the day for some quality Mommy/Daughter time.  Shhhhhhh ... don't tell Mr. Freid!
 
Pop in again soon - I still have lots of projects to share!  Until then - have a stampy day!!
 
 
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment