Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hearts a Flutter

Happy Wednesday!!!

Yes!  I'm here! … and Yes!  … I can see the light at the end of the tunnel … and I'm pretty sure it's not a train!!!  Oh.  Em.  Gee.   The last 2 weeks ALMOST killed me.  No seriously.  I can't believe I made it to this week.  I REALLY struggle to get everything done when Easter is in late April … Rebecca's birthday is April 25th and it's just TOO MUCH CRAZY for this Momma!  I somehow managed to get 'er done, though, as I always do … and this year I'm happy to report I actually let a few things GO … and ya know what?  The world didn't tip off it's axis!  For example I finally got around to making my Easter cards … the day before Good Friday *lol*  A little too late to mail them.  Oh well!  No one has called to yell at me for not sending them this year!  (I'll be posting that little beauty in a few days so stay tuned!)

Another thing I never thought I would let slide … I didn't make birthday invitations for Rebecca's birthday!!  GASP!  I know, right?!  Go figure!  I had it all planned out… it just never actually happened!  I always like to give at LEAST 2 weeks advance notice for the kids' parties … but Easter got in my way.  As the time started  getting late I ended up PHONING the moms of the 4 guests because a) it was faster and b) I wanted to explain how the day was going to play out and to see if their girls were allowed to sleep over (we all went to West Edmonton Mall Water park ten back home for burger and a sleepover).  After I called them everyone it seemed like a waste of (precious) time to send a physical invitation!  I planned to make one anyway for Rebecca's memory box … but that would be silly, wouldn't it??  … so I didn't!  Yay me! One less thing to do *lol*

As ALWAYS seems to happen I didn't even make her a card until 4:30 pm on her actual birthday … half an hour before Craig came home from work and "present time".  I always love the cards that I manage to whip up when I'm under a MAJOR time crunch … there simply is NO time to second guess ANYTHING!  This one is case-in-point.  I love how it turned out!
The card IS standard size, it just looks smaller from how I photographed it.  The base is Whisper White, as is the layer (which is popped up on dimensionals).  I grabbed my Hearts a Flutter stamp set (which is retiring!) and some bright ink pads - Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo.  I also grabbed my Basic Black.  I punched out all the pieces with me corresponding framelits and attached them .. some with snail and some with dimensionals.  The sentiment is from an old retired set but any one would do … this is a great "almost-any" occasion card!.  The small glimmer hearts are punched out with the small heart punch .. . which is ALSO retiring :(  I'm hoping they release a new, similar lunch in the new catalogue … which, by the way, I get my hands on tomorrow night!!! *SQUEALLLLLLLLL*!!!  

So!  That's just some of what I've been up to for the last week.  I have 7 more project posts in the works so I'll sign off  now and try to get to those.  Like I said, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Until next time … have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment