Sunday, April 13, 2014

Off the Grid CASE

Happy Sunday!

I know, I know … it's been almost a week since I promised more projects.  I hang my head in shame :( I don't know where the week went!!  Oh ya … I remember … I had Technique Classes last week and as of 2 hours before my first class I was still prepping!  Now whilst I'm the first one to admit I leave things to the last minute WAY too often lately this time it wasn't really my fault … I NEEDED to take it easy, as my back was playing up again.  Sitting REALLY throws it out of whack so I had to pace myself and could only create in small time chunks.  That slowed me down a LOT!  Nevertheless it all got done in time(it always does!) and I had a ball Tuesday night.  I love my Gals!  The rest of the week was eaten up by "life-in-general" … and this weekend it's taxes.  Ugh.  I'm about 3/4 of the way done but again, I sat too long yesterday resulting in me being up at 6:30 on a Sunday morning.  Ask me how happy I am about that??!!   On the bright side, it gives me a few hours of peace, quiet and coffee to myself … and allows me to work on those posts I promised you!

So!  First up is the card that was voted the "favourite" amongst my Stamp-a-Stackers (????!!!) and class attendees:
 
Isn't it pretty??  I CASEd it from scrappinandstampiningj.blogspot.ca and fell in loe with the simple layout.  Here is how mine turned out:
It looks simple enough but once I started demonstrating it at the Stamp-a-Stack I realized it was a little fiddly and there were a lot of steps to it.  It wasn't HARD, just fiddly.

I used Whisper White for the base and layer.  I stamped Off the Grid (a single stamp that seems to have been overlooked by many - it's a fun, easy, affordable background stamp!!) in Baked Brown Sugar.  The green splotches are Garden Green and the splotches are from one of my Paper Pumpkin kits!  Yes, there is a similar splotch in Gorgeous Grunge … I was using the set for another card at the SAS so this one was used).  I punched Garden Green leaves with my Bird Builder Punch (I don't think I've ever actually used that punch to make a BIRD … just leaves … and other things!).  I stamped the sentiment using a retired set … Sincere Salutations??  Can't remember the name but I know I'll never part with it! I used this one because all 8 of the sentiments are the same size and that allowed my SAS'ers to use what ever sentiment they wanted on their cards and they would all fit in the Apothecary Framelit piece that is punched out.  The sentiment is stamped in Cherry Cobbler and I used a finger dauber with Baked Brown Sugar to shade the edges before popping it up with dimensionals.  I stamped the flowers from Petite Petals in Cherry Cobbler and punched those out with the corresponding punch.  I used Candy Dots for the flower centres … although for my classes I needed to pull out my retired brads asI simply didn't have 150 candy dots in the right colours!!  The flowers were attached with glued dots.  See?  Not hard but lots of pieces.  It was worth it, though - a great card that can be used for many occasions.

So that's my offering for today.  I supposed those taxes won't do themselves … and I promised Craig I'd get 'em done by the end of the weekend so I better crack on!  Pop in again to see the other projects I promised you!  Until then … have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. I had pinned the first card, but I think I like yours better. It took me forever to find this in your blog. In the process I found lots of other card I liked. You are very artistic.
    Greetings from Tucson, AZ

    ReplyDelete