Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Some Good, Clean Fun!

Happy Tuesday!  And Happy April Fool's Day!

OK … so today's post has absolutely nothing to do with crafting… but I noticed something while taking a shower that made me giggle.  For reasons unknown to me I had four different shower gels in my shower - Dial, Axe, and two different scents from Bath & Body Works - Country Chic and Midnight Pomegranate:
While waiting to rinse out my conditioner I started reading the back of my soap … and then Craigs.  As I read the different "instructions" I had to laugh at how different the "girl" gels were from the "guy" gel:
First up Dial Naturals Body Wash:  "Clean, healthy skin naturally inspired."  "Invigorate your senses with the crisp, refreshing scent of Tangerine & Guava body wash.  94% natural origin, our formula leaves hands feeling clean, healthy and revitalized after every wash."   Hmmm … only my HANDS will feel clean, healthy and revitalized?  What about the rest of my body??
Next was "Country Chic" Shae & Vitamin E Shower Gel from Bath & Body Works:  "Sparkling lemon, golden sunflower and amber wood.  The perfect cleanser:  Contains Shea Butter, Vitamin E and Aloe; Provides a luxurious rich lather; Leaves skin feeling irresistibly soft and beautifully fragranced."  OK … pretty much what you expect a body wash bottle to say.
Next up is Midnight Pomegranate - this is where the fun started:  "Our Signature Shower Gel is supercharged with benefits that make it the world's best daily luxury.  It has been formulated to provide the ultimate shower experience, pampering you with luxurious lather, moisturizing Aloe Vera and nourishing Vitamin E that gently clean, soften and fragrance your skin.  Smooth over skin and enjoy the fragrance of our exclusive, enticing Midnight Pomegranate, a flirty fruit and spice blend that conjures an image of rubies sparkling in moonlight."

Wow.  Really??  This soap is the world best daily luxury???!!!  And it will give me the ultimate shower experience??!!  Who knew!! Shower Gel is NOT what comes to mind when I think of my "ultimate shower experience"!!! Even better …  when I use this soap I'm going to have images of rubies sparkling in the moonlight??!!  Awesome!  Heck, I just wanted to de-stink!  Bonus!
And finally Axe Vice - for men:  "Rich lather and irresistible fragrance to give you a super-charged clean.  Use Axe Vice in the shower daily and you just might become someone else's vice.  The cleaner you are, the dirtier you get!"

And check to the image! LMAO … hilarious!  *lol*  Well I don't even know what to SAY to that!!!
All I can say is when I grow up I want to be the person who writes these things *lol*

That's all I've got for today!  Now off you go … I just KNOW you're going to go see what the back of YOUR shower soap says!  

Pop in again soon to see what I've been up to.  Until then, have a stampy day!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. oh man this is hilarious! I am imagining Elaine on Seinfeld when she wrote for the J Peterman catalog. lol I can't even read the bottles in the shower anymore ~ bummer getting older and eyes start giving out. I'll have to check mine though. I love how the Axe is so short and to the point. It even has a ton of room for other languages too. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *lol* Thanks Jen - I'm glad you found it as humorous as I did! … and I just KNOW people who red this checked their own bottles *lol*. After I wrote the post I broke out new bottles of shampoo and conditioner (note to self: do't let the children shower in your shower!!!) and I noticed my shampoo was GLUTEN FREE. ??!! WTH??!! Yep … It's the little things in life that make me laugh! Thanks for commenting - have a stampy day!!

      Delete