Saturday, August 9, 2014

Perfect Peacock

Happy Saturday!

Husband is cooking, kids are playing, pets are sleeping so I am blogging!

I wanted to share another card I made using the new Blendabilities (apparently my newest addiction!)  Check it out:
So pretty, yes??  (is the picture fuzzy or is it just my eyes??) 

I can't take credit for the color scheme of this little beauty - I CASEd it directly from page 170 of the catalogue.  Whenever I need inspiration to use a specific set (Perfect Peacock in this case) I turn to a) Pinterest b) the SU demonstrator website or c) THE CATALOGUE!  There are hundreds and hundreds of great ideas in that baby.  I often sit and look through it just to study the samples - their layouts and color combinations.  Lots of fun!

So for this one I used the Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive markers, with the Memento Tuxedo Black ink, of course.  The sentiment is from the new Flower Patch set (page 156 - a MUST HAVE SET!!!).  I added rhinestones to the peacock's crown and 3 on his body.  I then added one of our Vintage Faceted buttons with 2 glue dots.  Before doing so I threaded it with some delicious Coastal Cabana Thick Bakers Twine.

"Tamara!"  I hear you cry!  "How in the world did you manage to get that thick twine through those small button holes???"

Well, my Dear Stamper - let me show you!
Yep - these are floss threaders you can get at most drug stores!  The ones I used are actually needle threaders - but when I used them in one of my classes one of my stampers pointed out that her daughter, who has braces, uses the exact same thing ... so I looked and yup, you can get them in the toothbrush aisle of most stores for about the same price.  These little babies are the BOMB!!!  They eliminate any and all frustration that comes from trying to put ribbon or thread through our buttons.  You simply stick the pointy end through the whole - slide your twine through the loop and pull the pointy end and Wa-low!  Your twine is through the hole!  Best thing since sliced bread.  Seriously.  Buy some.  Now.  GO!  Don't wait - you'll thank me for it!!!

That's all I've got for today!  I think I'll go down and finish a few more pages of my Project Life book ... yessiree Bob - I've actually cracked that Bad Boy and am LOVING putting together our DisneyWorld memories (the good, the bad AND the ugly! *lol*)  So until next time - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment