Friday, September 19, 2014

Up-Cycled Lollipop Container

Happy Friday!

Ya - I know, I already posted a video this morning ... but I'm not quite ready to walk the dog yet so I thought I'd post THIS little beauty.  I so LOVE this project!  I love when I get to create without having a class in mind.  When I do that I don't have to worry about how many buttons I have, whether the stamp set is current or not ... all those little things I need to think about when designing classes.  Yup - the BEST crafting is when you get to play and just have fun!  That's what happened here:

Isn't he just the cutest little thing???  For those of you who follow me on FaceBook (if you dont, WHY NOT??!! *lol*) you will recall that I was trying to submit some fall centerpiece ideas to Dale, the Manager of SU Canada Operations, for our upcoming, cross country conferences.  This was one of my submissions.  He didn't pick this project to showcase but I love it and have it on display, full of lollipops :)

I DID have to be mindful to use mainly current product - which I did ... except for the buttons - those were retired. 

Here is what I did. 

I had this lollipop container sitting on my desk, alfter making 90 moustache lollipop treats for the teachers and kids' classmates for Halloween (yes, I have Halloween covered but don't have tonights DINNER figured out yet *lol*).  Looking at it it seemed PERFECT for a pumpkin decor piece. 

I bought the lollipops at Costco.  I think they were $10'ish.

I started by putting some white tissue paper inside the bowl.  Of course it would be a lot faster to use ORANGE tissue paper but I wanted to play with my new Blendabilities to see if they really DO color anything
I used my Pumpkin Pie Dark and Medium Blendabilities and started coloring.  Yes, I was worried that my markers would dry out doing so, but they didn't.  Yay!
When you first color the plastic it is wet and yep, if you wipe it most of the color will come off ...
... so don't wipe it!  LEt it dry and then you have a pretty vibrant bucket ...

I put a little green tissue paper inside as well ...
I used my new tree punch to make the nose.  You can either not punch the stem by linig up the punch with the bottom of the card stock ...
... or by cutting it off (duh!)
If you don't have the tree punch you can also use the Pennant Punch ...
For the hat (which was SUPPOSED to be a stem ... but looks more like a hat) I hot glued two of our button containers together ...
... then wrapped it with a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock ... then a little burlap ribbon (using the hot glue gun) and then embellished it with various buttons, some raffia I had in my stash and some leaves made with the new Flower Frenzy Bigz Die.  I used my hot glue gun to assemble it all.
See the little squiggle of ribbon?  That is the new Old Olive Thick Bakers Twine in the 2014 Holiday catty.  Wanna know how I made it twisty?  I grabbed a pencil. wrapped it around the length of it and then ran a bead of hot glue down one sode.  Once the glue dried I peeled it off the pencil (ya, some of the pencil came with it *lol*) and wa-low!  a twisty piece of ribbon :)  
And there you have it - one adorable little pumpkin/scarecrow that hold lots of yummy treats.  How cute would this be to have on your desk at work??
 
OK - the dog is now looking at me all sideways so I guess it's that time.  Off I go!  Pop in again tomorrow - and have a stampy day!
 
 
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment