Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Die by Stampin’ Up!

Happy Saturday!

As I sit here contemplating another cup of coffee I thought I would post a project!

I have another video - this one hi-lights the new Mini Treat Bg Framelit Dies in the Occasions Catalogue.  Now I have to admit it took me placing a few orders before I caved and bought this item.  When I first saw it I thought "Life is WAY too short to be making my own little bags".  Heck - there are lots of stores out there selling ready-made bags for dirt cheap, right?  … and the $48.95 price tag was nothing to sneeze at - even at my demonstrator discount!  Alas … it was OTHER little dies in this set that kept begging me to buy them … and I eventually caved.  Have I made a treat bag yet?  Nope.  Have I made an adorable little card with the other pieces yet?  Yup.  Will I be making more adorable cards?  Yup.  Will I make a treat bag since I now have the die for it?  Likely.  Am I glad I own this set? Absolutely!  Check out the video first:

Right??!!
Now check out my card:
Key-UTE!  … and it took me about 2 MINUTES to make!  I seriously made it the day of my Catalogue Launch Open House - SO quick and easy!  I used the heart die three times to punch out all the hearts.  I punched out a red circle using the 1/2" circle punch.  I placed the white front on a black mat, figured out where I wanted the red heart to go, taped down the 1/2" circle and then taped the white layer on top.  I grabbed my Just Sayin' stamp set ad stamped the sentiment in Real Red.  DONE!  I will be making more of these to have on hand and to sell at the Boutique.  A great, fast, fun card … using the Mini Treat Bag die :)

OK - maybe I'll skip the coffee, grab some breakfast and take a nap - I don't think I'm done sleeping quite yet!  Until next time, have a stampy Saturday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment