Saturday, January 3, 2015

Petal Cone Candy Cane Treats

Happy Saturday!!

WOW, where did the week go???  I guess that's holidays for ya - you blink and it's over!  It's been a bit of a blur of lounging around, napping and chocolates!  Yes, I am actually looking FORWARD to purging the house of all the half eaten boxes of sugar bombs, making healthy soups and exercising!  That's right, I said it - the E word!  The last two weeks I've worn nothing but leggings and/or my new "onesie" until dinner at Mom's New Year's Day.  Let's just say the jeans didn't stay done up for more than about 1 minute once I hit the car *lol*. 

What I have LOVED this week is that I really don't have much of that "I should be … " feeling.  It's still there a little … but I have been sleeping through the night and getting 7-8 hours of shut eye in.  That's good enough for me!

What's niggling at me is class this week - I have a number of projects designed, I just haven't 100% decided which ones we'll be doing yet … then there is my Open House Friday - I need to decide on snacks, door prizes etc .. but what is starting to fill my mind most is Teacher's Convention.  Tamye and I are sharing a booth this year.  It's not until the end of February but we are showcasing Project Life and I have a lot of work to do in order to be "ready".  Since I could feel it start to weigh me down I hauled my butt down to the Craft Cave yesterday and spend 4 HOURS getting my albums caught up.  I couldn't BELIEVE how much I got done!  I've been procrastinating on it since our Florida holiday in JUNE!  I'm thrilled to say that 41 pages later (yes, 41!!) I'm almost there!  I'm up to Alicia's epic birthday party in October.  The pages aren't 100% done - I still want to embellish them and do some more journalling but the HUGE stack of pictures that have been printed and sitting there for months is now only about 2 inches high.  Result!  I can't wait to get back at it this week to "play" with the embellishing - THAT'S the fun part!

So how about a show-and-tell?  Ok!  These are the Club Member treats I made for December. 
LOVE!  Thanks to my downline member and friend Teresa Hafso for the idea!  They were VERY quick and easy to put together (a MUST when you make 20-30 treats every month!)

I used the retired Petal Cone Big Shot die for the cone shape, in Lost Lagoon card stock.  I then stamped some snowflakes from Endless Wishes and splotches from Gorgeous Grunge using white Craft Ink.  I used my 2" circle punch for the sentiment - "Mingle All the Way" was used (which is currently in the Clearance Rack!!!) with Los Lagoon ink.  I had some leftover DSP from the delicious All Is Calm paper so punched that out with the 2" circle punch as well.  I used my handy-dandy little stapler (from the holiday catalogue) to staple them on - doesn't get any easier than that!!  Oh - to lee the cone together I used Fast Fuse tape.  That was a lot easier, and more economical than using Sticky Strip - alas - after a few days of the candy canes being inside some of them did pop open - the pressure was just too much.  The Fast Fuse will be fine to use if you don't put the candy cane in until your are giving them out - but a few days and they will likely pop open.  Oh - I tied the large candy canes together with a strip of the silver 1/8" ribbon - a nice little touch and some sparkle.

That's it for today … but pop in again soon as I have a number of projects to share in the next few days.  If you can't wait to see them pop over to my business FaceBook page "Tamara's Paper Trail" and hit "like".  I generally post projects as I make them over there … it takes a lot longer for them to hit here :)

Have a stampy Saturday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment