Saturday, February 7, 2015

Simply Pressed Clay

Happy Saturday!

The week sure went fast!!!  I'm starting to being slightly more productive as the pressure is starting to build for the rest of the month.  I have 4 classes next week (guess I should design some projects!!) and then Teacher's Convention is Feb 27th and 29th.  I need to get cracking on paperwork, handouts, a Make-and-Takes and so on.  I ALSO want to get a poster up at Sobeys regarding my classes and clubs.  I have done that in past years and have made some great friends.  Speaking of clubs - I am still accepting members to my 12-Month Club which begins this month.  It is THE best way to get the SU items you want on a budget … and stamp with a GREAT group of ladies.  Send me an e-mail if you are interested!

Right!  Today I'm sharing another project from early January.  I made this in bout 5 minutes from start to finish to showcase the Simply Pressed Clay and Mold for my Occasions Catalogue Launch.  SO quick!  I an a lyre of Whisper White through the new Hearts embossing folder and added it to a black mat.  I then took my clay, pressed it into the mold and popped it out again.  Nope - I didn't even wait for it to dry at ALL - just turned the mold over and twisted it out.  Easy Peasy!  I then grabbed my Stampin' Write Markers and coloured them.  This part I would do differently next time.  Because I was in a rush I coloured them, glued them to the card with my Tombow glue and was on my way.  Apparently it takes time for the ink to dry … and mine didn't.  I put the card in a transparent sleeve to protect it but the colours smudged, as you can see.  The black got on the red.
Next time I will colour the clay BEFORE I put it in the mold.  you do that by adding a drop of reinker to the white clay and squishing it around until the clay is evenly saturated.  Be prepared for stained fingers, though!  I would suggest leaving the clay for up to 24 hours to dry completely.  Even when they are dry they are not rock hard - they are still a little spongy so expect that.

Would I recommend the clay and molds?  Yep - but not for every card.  It is a little fiddlier than I like for mass producing cards but for a card that is a little more special I would use it.  It really is fun once you get into it.  Takes me back to my play-doh squishing days :)

That's it today.  Have a stampy Saturday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment