Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Butterfly Basics

Happy Tuesday!

Holy COW am I ever behind on blogging!!!  Today's share are cards I made about 2 MONTHS ago!  Yikes!  Oh well - I'm here now … and avoiding doing my taxes so I'll spend the next little while procrastinating on THAT by blogging.  Don't expect long, rambling, witty posts … let's just get 'er done, shall we?  OK!  HEre we go!

First … the cards ...

* insert round of applause here*  Fabulous, no?  SO stinkin' quick and easy it's almost embarrassing!  I think I mentioned a while ago I wasn't originally convinced I was going to get yet another butterfly ANYthing let alone a framelit AND stamp set … alas … they are 15% off when you purchase them both … and I figured I would use it once or twice so I bought it.  Ya.  Best.  Investment.  Ever.  Seriously.  The framelits rock … but what surprised me even more was that the stamp set rocks too!  It's one of those sneaky "sleeper" sets - it seems kind of boring and that you wouldn't use it much - but you WILL!  The sentiment in the top card is from the set - and I love the font.  The light flower in the second card is from the set and I love the image.  There are other bits and pieces that come in handy for little filler images.  Trust me - it's a "keeper" bundle.  Sadly you can't order the framelits (and therefore the bundle) at the moment.  The stinkin' Dock Strike on the West Coast has supplies on back order.  As Stampin' Up and the rest of Canada and the US try to bypass the docks by using China's airfreight shipping now THAT is backlogged.  Then there was Chinese New Year and Stampin' Up! has "turned off" the code.  They would rather let people know the items are currently unavailable rather than have people waiting for months to get product.  I'll keep you posted and let you know when they are once again available.  I would be very surprised if these items don't make it the main catalogue in June!

OK - so the top card used Blackberry Bliss card stock and ink … and the glimmer paper for the inside layer of the butterfly.

The second card used Island Indigo card stock and ink - along with Soft Sky ink for the flower image.  Notice the flower is on both the top white layer AND the base?  Yes - to get that you stamp the image BEFORE attaching the Island Indigo layer.  You just put a little tick of tape on the top white layer, place it on the base and stamp the image.  You then lift the top white layer, add the Indigo layer and replace the white.  It's like the popular "Triple Time" stamping technique … but only double *lol*.  The sentiment for that card is from Loving Thoughts.

Love these cards and this bundle.  You gotta get it!

Pop in again soon … I promise to post again soon!  Until then, have a stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment