Friday, April 17, 2015

Celebrate with Birthday Balloons

Happy Friday!

Can this weather BE any better??  19 degrees yesterday, 18 today - LOVE it!  Nothing puts me in a better mood than a cup of coffee on the patio on a lovely, sunny morning!  I hope it's beautiful wherever you are today too :)

A bright and cheery day calls for a bright and cheery card.  Check out this one that we made at our Birthday Stamp-a-Stack last month:
I made it so long I can't remember if this was an original creation or if I CASEd it from someone.  I've checked all my Pinterest boards and can't find anything similar enough to think I CASEd it - but if it IS a CASE let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!

I used the Celebrate Today stamp set and matching Balloon Framelits along with one of my favourite retired DSP's - Polka Dot Parade.  It's hard to tell from the picture but the base layer was run through through the large Polka Dot embossing folder.  A strip of Basic Black and then Whisper White with the sentiment in Memento Black.  The really FUN part about this card is the string!  I used Bakers Twine (attached it with a little piece of sticky strip so it stays put!) - to make it curl a little I used the edge of my paper snips and my thumb - just like we use to do when curling ribbon for packages.  I never knew it would work on our thin little Baker's Twine but it does! … and gives the card a fun little touch.  Quick, easy and good for a birthday for ANY age!

Pop in again soon for another project.  Until then, enjoy the weather and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment