Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Vintage Leaves for Canada Day!

Happy Wednesday - and Happy Canada Day!
 
Last week a friend asked if I had product to help her make a Canada Day card.  She works with a lady who is becoming a Canadian Citizen today!  I wasn't sure of what products I could use ... or what my weekend schedule looked like so I offered to make it for her.  It took me two days of thinking, planning, playing and thinking some more.  This is what I came up with ... 
Love it!  The picture isn't that great - a little blurry pecause I took it with my iphone and altered it from there.  First I embossed the new "Vintage Leaves" maple leaf with gold embossing powder and punched it out with the corresponding framelit (if you buy the bundle together you save 15%! - check out page 88 of the catalogue). 

The writing behind the leaf is actually something I created on my computer.  I typed out the National Anthem, put it in a script font and printed it out.  I trimmed it, added just a HINT of Real Red card stock, and popped it up on dimensionals.  I also popped the leaf up on dimensionals.  I struggled for that "little extra".  After much playing I settled on three gold sequins (from the sequin trim) and then three Real Red Candy Dots.  I stamped the envelope with the sme maple leaf using our retired gold ink.  I really like how it turned out.  Elegant and simple.  I hope she likes it too - and congratulate her on her new nationality.

Happy Canada Day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment