Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Woodland meets Cottage Greetings

Happy Wednesday!

Seriously.  I didn't realize how badly I needed those girls to go back to school!  I've actually been in my Craft Cave CRAFTING … in peace and quiet!!! … for hours!!!  Holy COW you guys I loving the new products in the 2015 Holiday Catalogue.  Last years Holiday Catalogue had some great products too but when it came to creating quick and easy cards (especially for Christmas) I REALLY struggled - like REALLY struggled.  This year is gunna be a snap!  I just grab a set and within half an hour or so have a card I LOVE!  Take this one, for an example … I actually was reaching for a totally different set … but had to move my new Woodland Textured Embossing Folder to get to it …
Yup - was TOTALLY thrown off course and 15 minutes later was staring at this little cutie …
Ska-WHEEEEEEL!  Now, while I love how the card turned out I now realize that when you brayer the new Archival Black Ink directly onto an embossing folder it.s pretty much there for life afterwards.  Hee hee - well, good thing I accidentally ordered two of them so one is now dedicated to black backgrounds :)

Yes - so to get this look I brayered the black ink directly onto the folder, inserted a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and ran it through the big shot.  Yes - I was going to use this as our technique card this week but REALLY wanted to do another one instead - stay tuned for that in my next post …

So … back to our story … the embossing folder is the entire background.  I used a 5" x 3 1/2" piece of white card stock and then a mat of Real Red just 1/4" bigger.  I used one of the sentiments from Cottage Greetings (second time this week I've used a sentiment from that set - thinking it's a "must have" set!!) and then punched the 4 hearts using the hearts border punch.  I tapes a 1/2" strip of real red behind the sentiment so the red peeks through the heart windows and Wa-low!  One quick, easy, stinkin' key-ute card.

That's it for now - I'm procrastinating on sending an email so I better get on it … it's not going to send itself!  Pop in again soon … and have a stampy night!


Tam

3 comments:

  1. Love this card. My 48th Wedding Anniversary is coming up this month, and I think this is a great card to make for my husband. Besides it's so true , I would be lost without him after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got news for you, the Basic Black ink which is water based does't come off too easy either. I ran it under water like I did before with other inks but it didn't come clean. Then I decided to use my "Magic Eraser". Worked like magic. Maybe it will work for you permanent ink, worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I did manage to get mine clean, over time. I will keep the magic eraser in mind next time though. thanks for the tip!

      Delete